Why become a member? ×

No.11 Kubicki

Schnozzalee

[attachment=34423:P1000967.JPG]

Funk Machine 1994 USA Californian Custom made Kubicki Key Factor. This bass was made as the Review Model for this series and featured in Guitar Magazine, of which I own a copy which will come with the bass, along with a hardshell case.

Specs:

34" Bolt on Hard Rock Maple Neck with Curved Brazilian Rosewood 24 fret fingerboard. Jazz neck profile with signature kubicki dash inlays (Recommend for speedy players with small hands!)
Gloss Polyurethane Tobacco Sunburst Eastern Soft Maple body bearing "Factor by Phillip Kubicki".
Black M4 Schaller/Kubicki alloy hardware.
Custom Wound Kubicki hum cancelling soapbar pickups.
Stacked volume and tone knobs for each soapbar and 6 way preamp selector.
Plush interior Hardshell case (non-kubicki)

The bass can provide both active and passive Jazz and Precision bass tones. How?! six way preamp selector. The bass also has a flat motown style sound, useful for Rocco Prestia and your James Jamerson covers. The 6th position mutes the bass and all feedback entirely, which is a handy addition. Uses the same electronics as the Kubicki Ex factor for your Stu Hamm and Vail Johnson tones but is tuned at the headstock as opposed to the bridge and has 24 frets instead of 23. Just a lil sound clip here:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PCN2uHZ61U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PCN2uHZ61U[/url]

The bass has been previously setup and well looked after - has minimal fretwear, action is low and the neck is straight. The pickups are cureved and act as a ramp in line with the curve of the fretboard. Well looked after only some hairline scratches. Can provide more photos if needed.

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='627304' date='Oct 15 2009, 08:18 PM']Is this a bad price or something?[/quote]

Seeing as you've asked... :)

When something isn't selling it can generally be rectified by lowering the price until it becomes an offer too good to be refused. Whether someone does that or thinks 's*d it, I'd keep it rather than go that low' is up to the individual. I have to say that there would be a price that I'd be interested in this bass but unfortunately it hasn't reached it yet. :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='627456' date='Oct 15 2009, 11:12 PM']Seeing as you've asked... :rolleyes:

When something isn't selling it can generally be rectified by lowering the price until it becomes an offer too good to be refused. Whether someone does that or thinks 's*d it, I'd keep it rather than go that low' is up to the individual. I have to say that there would be a price that I'd be interested in this bass but unfortunately it hasn't reached it yet. :lol:[/quote]

There's a clue there Oli :)

As a sort of guideline regarding the price, 4 years ago I bought a 1989 pre Fender Kubicki Ex-Factor here for £600 on the boards (Bassworld) when the economy was doing better. So if that was what was gained for the more desireable model, perhaps your price is just a tad high.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='628166' date='Oct 16 2009, 06:08 PM']As a sort of guideline regarding the price, 4 years ago I bought a 1989 pre Fender Kubicki Ex-Factor here for £600 on the boards (Bassworld) when the economy was doing better. So if that was what was gained for the more desireable model, perhaps your price is just a tad high.[/quote]

Thats a bargain!! I've seen ex factors go for £800 - £1100, I wouldn't sell mine for £600. Quality wise its way better than a Musicman, If I were buying a backup for it I'd happily pay £750-£800 and wouldnt think twice about it IMHO. I watched a key factor go on ebay for £800 recently too. I think due to how rare they are and the unique hardware, electronics, look and feel £650 is a VERY fair price. If I managed to get round to putting up soundclips it would have been sold.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='628763' date='Oct 17 2009, 02:47 PM']Thats a bargain!! I've seen ex factors go for £800 - £1100, I wouldn't sell mine for £600. Quality wise its way better than a Musicman, If I were buying a backup for it I'd happily pay £750-£800 and wouldnt think twice about it IMHO. I watched a key factor go on ebay for £800 recently too. I think due to how rare they are and the unique hardware, electronics, look and feel £650 is a VERY fair price. If I managed to get round to putting up soundclips it would have been sold.[/quote]

Unfortunately we can all quote high and low examples of certain basses but it is no guarantee that anything will achieve what a buyer expects. The ex-Factor bass example you give can also get little/no interest at all... [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160362395272&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url] The reserve/BIN of £800 obviously scared buyers of that example. :)

If you are certain that soundclips will secure you a sale, it's surely got to be worth doing hasn't it? :lol:

There's a buyer for every bass... you just need to find them. :rolleyes:

They're bloody impressive (I love the powerful active jazz setting to bits, never got a chance to gig it) but I desperately need the funds for university!! Apologies that I can't put any sound clips up, its up in Carlisle waiting to be packaged; Youtubes is the only alternative. Any offers?

[quote name='Rich' post='630232' date='Oct 19 2009, 11:58 AM']My experiences of Interparcel are good.
But Parcelfarce? I wouldn't entrust stuff to them if my life depended on it.[/quote]

Shall I show them the scary Parcelforce Bass picture? :)

[quote name='Bassman' post='633585' date='Oct 22 2009, 05:10 PM']Yep, I just want to know if he wanted to sell it or not?
Yes my english is poor, i'm from belgium \o/
Sorry :'([/quote]

Ah no worries, the bass is probably sold, just pending the payment now but if that falls through you'll be the first to know. :)

YEAH!! Show me the parcelforce picture, i've always used em and they've been fine - apart from they should be called Parcelforce 72 as opposed to 48.... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='633778' date='Oct 22 2009, 08:23 PM']Ah no worries, the bass is probably sold, just pending the payment now but if that falls through you'll be the first to know. :)

YEAH!! Show me the parcelforce picture, i've always used em and they've been fine - apart from they should be called Parcelforce 72 as opposed to 48.... :rolleyes:[/quote]

You realise that the maximum they insure musical instruments for is £150, no matter what the counter staff tell you or sell you?
Here's how I know.
[attachment=34968:Hohner.jpg]

Now, to find the small print that covers this monumentous limitation for us bass shippers, you have to go to the parcelforce website and do a search on "guitar". Follow the link in the search results called "packaging guidelines" then scroll down to the paragraph entitled "Prevent movement of items in transit" and there it is, clearly stated...

"Musical instruments will only be covered up to £150 of compensation for loss or damage"

The counterstaff may not know it's there but the claims people do.

Use [b]Royal Mail Special Delivery 48[/b] - it's not Parcelforce ...