Why become a member? ×

New arrival

CHRISDABASS

[quote name='Clarky' post='621792' date='Oct 9 2009, 04:52 PM']Just spotted this, similar to bass in OP but in shiny new look and half the price! [url="http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/basses/jazz1962reissue.htm"]http://www.classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/bas...1962reissue.htm[/url][/quote]

WOW!!!!!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='621807' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:01 PM']WOW!!!!![/quote]

I know! I opened the page & said to myself, "It's a 62 Reissue Stack-Knob - Must resist! Must resist!"

Having played Peter's American Vintage P, I know how good these are now. Proof indeed that a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='621805' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:00 PM']Apart from the fact that they didn't make jazz basses in 1959. The first jazzes came out in 1960. :)[/quote]

Not quite:

Herbie says
"I bought the bass on Oct. 12, 1959, from Manny's in New York. If you remove the neck you can see Leo Fender's signature and because it's a prototype it has various bits that are not standard. For example, underneath the pickguard they installed what was tantamount to a fuzzbox but it was very primitive - a couple of resistors that cut the signal in half and fouled it up. It had a switch on it and when you tried to cut the roughness out it wouldn't cut out properly, so I took it out."

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='621830' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:16 PM']Heh! Nice one :lol: You win on that one, Si![/quote]

If you can't trust Herbie ... :)

Oh and I've played that bass .. one of my near fame experiences...
It was just for a fleeting 10 mins whist he noodled on mine :rolleyes:
Not a whole afeternoon like Rich claims though ... :lol:

Edited by OldGit