Why become a member? ×

Gary Numan - The 1930's Rust

blamelouis

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='620365' date='Oct 8 2009, 10:03 AM']Yeah Pino's the man!.... :)
Some great lines on that Newman album 'We take mystery to bed' is one of my favourites...

What he did on Joan Armatrading's album 'the shouting stage' also pricked my ears up....[/quote]
LOVED that album especially the work between Pino and Knopfler on "Did i make you up"

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='620365' date='Oct 8 2009, 11:03 AM']Yeah Pino's the man!.... :)
Some great lines on that Newman album 'We take mystery to bed' is one of my favourites...

What he did on Joan Armatrading's album 'the shouting stage' also pricked my ears up....[/quote]

Wow I had forgotten about that old Joan Armatrading album, I picked a copy up on CD from Amazon and it's still a great listen - Pino's sound and playing is excellent.

Thanks Bottomfeed :rolleyes:

Karns actually a quite chilled out bloke, he Jansen and Barbieri used to play a bit of five a side football back in the day - much to the distain of Mr Sylvian no doubt ;-)

Karn has a habit of slagging his own work off, I read an interview where he said that the Dalis Car project was far too pretenious and if it had been down to Pete Murphy it would have been ten times more so!

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='627832' date='Oct 16 2009, 01:12 PM']I used to be friends with a Numoid who hated Mick Karn as he slagged off Numan's 'Dance' album after he played on it. Used to annoy me as Mick Karn is one my music heroes![/quote]

[quote name='Rumple' post='627790' date='Oct 16 2009, 12:50 PM']Wow I had forgotten about that old Joan Armatrading album, I picked a copy up on CD from Amazon and it's still a great listen - Pino's sound and playing is excellent.

Thanks Bottomfeed :)[/quote]

no problemo.... glad to be of service!
Love that 'devil I know' track.... great solo at the beginning... Classic Pino!

In a similar way, I got hold of 'Hearts & flowers' that Joan Armatrading album with Mick Karn on it a while back..... but it didn't do it for me.... too many 80's sounds on it & I don't think the songs are so good.... can't win 'em all

[quote name='YouMa' post='628229' date='Oct 16 2009, 07:23 PM']Do numanoids still exist,or did they die out in the late 80s,are they the ones who used to wear blue makeup and stuff?[/quote]

Numanoid is just the name for Numan fans. As one I can tell you that we still exist and if you were to go along to any of the upcoming gigs in November and December you would see many more.

Some people did wear the white and blue make-up in '84 when that was the current image but it isn't required.

I'm not sure if there was a specific problem with Mick Karn but the band Japan did invite Numan to join them on tour when they were in Nippon and then ran off and left him. He ended up spending time with Queen, who were very kind to him. Roger Taylor played drums on a couple of tracks of the Dance album, which also featured Karn. I forget what the relevant timings were but I am not aware of any particular animosity between Numan and Karn.

[quote name='Tengu' post='628735' date='Oct 17 2009, 02:12 PM']Numanoid is just the name for Numan fans. As one I can tell you that we still exist and if you were to go along to any of the upcoming gigs in November and December you would see many more.

Some people did wear the white and blue make-up in '84 when that was the current image but it isn't required.

I'm not sure if there was a specific problem with Mick Karn but the band Japan did invite Numan to join them on tour when they were in Nippon and then ran off and left him. He ended up spending time with Queen, who were very kind to him. Roger Taylor played drums on a couple of tracks of the Dance album, which also featured Karn. I forget what the relevant timings were but I am not aware of any particular animosity between Numan and Karn.[/quote]

Fantastic,thank you my electric friend.