Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-02 with New Jeannie's Pick Guard

Sean

It had the PG fitted a couple of days ago and was gigged last night and had lots of positive comments.

The pick guard is Black Abalone and came from Jeannie's who gave superb service.

This is a stock standard 44-02 with DR Extra Life Mellow Yellow strings.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='66624' date='Sep 27 2007, 09:04 PM']Man Thats sweet, are the Barts or the new Lakland pups?[/quote]

They are the Lakland Pups. It seems there's nothing this bass can't do. It has so much authority with those pups and the LH3 pre-amp coupled to the 35" scale; last night I was on stage thinking, "F*** Me, the is fantastic!"

It's smaller brother the 44-02 is a completely different animal, it's faster, lighter (7.4 lb Vs 9.25lb) , much more slap-able but doesn't have the, "Get outta my way or do I gotta kick yo ass!" thing that this baby has.

I love 'em both and they are definitely keepers but as well as they do a passive Jazz I don't think you can beat a DJ4 in that department.

[quote name='paul, the' post='66638' date='Sep 27 2007, 09:42 PM']I am the bass tree, come reap my bassy fruits.[/quote]

Paul, you'd be the panacea for all our GAS attacks.

I'd love to come and pluck one your low hanging ripe fruit and then use it to make beautiful music. :) Sorry couldn't resist; I've been hanging with smutty drummers too long!

:huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='66645' date='Sep 27 2007, 10:09 PM']Out of interest, what strings are you using? Do you have them strung thru the body?[/quote]

On the 55-02 I have D'Addario halfrounds as I find these perfect for doing the Blues Brothers tribute. The G, D & A are strung through but the E and B are bridge strung just because they aren't long enough - no one seems to stock those D'Addarios in Extra-long. I don't really hear much difference anyway as those Lakland bridges are so heavy-duty.

The 44-02 has DR Mellow Yellows as you probably can't tell from the rubbish photos! :)

Edited by Sean

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='66656' date='Sep 27 2007, 10:41 PM']Did u have to drill the 5502 to fit the guard?[/quote]

Yes, I did. I just can't bring myself to put one on the 44-02 - I don't want holes in that beautiful finish.

I love that 55-02 Sean - I'm GASsing for one badly. I used to have a 55-01 and never should have sold it. As a matter of interest, how long did you wait for your pickguards? I rang Roger the other night and he nearly jumped out of his skin when I told him where I was calling from. Chatted to him for about 20 mins - nice bloke.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='66751' date='Sep 28 2007, 09:39 AM']I love that 55-02 Sean - I'm GASsing for one badly. I used to have a 55-01 and never should have sold it. As a matter of interest, how long did you wait for your pickguards? I rang Roger the other night and he nearly jumped out of his skin when I told him where I was calling from. Chatted to him for about 20 mins - nice bloke.[/quote]

I reckon it was with me in a week, no more than 9 days. Came through without a customs fee too. I'd highly recommend Roger to anyone.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='66751' date='Sep 28 2007, 09:39 AM']I love that 55-02 Sean - I'm GASsing for one badly. I used to have a 55-01 and never should have sold it. As a matter of interest, how long did you wait for your pickguards? I rang Roger the other night and he nearly jumped out of his skin when I told him where I was calling from. Chatted to him for about 20 mins - nice bloke.[/quote]

I owned the very 55-01 you are talking about, Alan; it's one of those instruments that has really done the rounds on Bassworld/Basschat and everyone has loved it but it doesn't seen to have found a permanent home. For me it got me into 5 strings and totally turned me on to Laklands.

And here she is with some of her friends in a room that no longer looks like that, thank goodness.

[quote name='Sean' post='70370' date='Oct 6 2007, 05:02 PM']I owned the very 55-01 you are talking about, Alan; it's one of those instruments that has really done the rounds on Bassworld/Basschat and everyone has loved it but it doesn't seen to have found a permanent home. For me it got me into 5 strings and totally turned me on to Laklands.

And here she is with some of her friends in a room that no longer looks like that, thank goodness.

[/quote]

What's the bass to the left Sean?

and sexy yammy acoustic.

[quote name='paul, the' post='70444' date='Oct 6 2007, 09:14 PM']What's the bass to the left Sean?
and sexy yammy acoustic.[/quote]

That is a Fender USA Jazz Deluxe FMT + Badass, an absolutely adorable creature that I loved dearly but for some reason it liked destroying things it was plugged into. It has an 18 volt circuit which didn't seem compatible with a lovely Trace Elliot combo I had or a number of effects units, the combination of my ham-fisted slapping and the pre-amp managed to fry a few circuits and so it had to go. It was like sending your dog off to the "farm" after it had bitten someone. Do I miss it? Nah, I have Lakland Lust now and nothing Fender feels as good anymore. :)

The Yammy is a real work horse, nice small body and really easy to play standing up for a couple of hours.