Why become a member? ×

Epi thunderbird

Mecklenburg

I dont know too much about Epi Thunderbirds, just wondering why[url="http://www.wizardguitars.com/BassGuitars.php?product=1059&action=moreinfo&offset=0"] this one[/url] would cost £400? When you get the new Epi Pro Series for £375?

They've told me its made in Korea Circa 2004 it has an Alder body, Epiphone standard T-B humbuckers.
Black hardware and a bolt maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard.

I'm thinking its not worth £400...

Even 30 seconds is far too long! I just went in to have a play on it. I think i only go in there to try and get a rise. Then plugged me into a crap guitar amp when asked why can't i go into that Ashdown i'm sat on, he mumbled something like I would if you were going to buy it lol. Then asked why it was so much, was told because its made in Korea lol. Asked him about the New Thunderbird pro, he said they're crap, but oh they've not had them in, but they're crap because they're made in China. I told him their spec was really similar to a Gibson Thunderbird AND its got a through neck, nope they're crap they're made in China. I HATE THAT SHOP!

[quote name='thedonutman' post='617654' date='Oct 5 2009, 04:53 PM']Simply put, the guys at Wizard Guitars are a bunch of w***ers. 30 seconds with anybody working there will confirm this.[/quote]

Sounds like we have a contender to go up against The Bass Cellar as worst UK bass retailer!

LOL, reminds me of the time I schooled a geezer in a certain "well established" independant retailer on Oxford Road, Manchester. There was an Epibird in there with a £400 price tag, and I asked him why it was so much compared to every other Epibird I've ever seen. He made up some bull**** about pickups, Korea, wood etc. I then promptly googled the details on my mobile - let's just say they were knocked speechless, offered me £50 off, to which I couldn't help but laugh. I had picked up a brand new (by that I mean JUST released, and MUCH superior) Goth Epibird for £150 less just over a week ago. Some guitar salespeople have no morals, but an independant retailer? They are just hanging themselves.

Its all down to one thing MONEY.

I Wont spend a penny in my local shop as their arrogant egotistical b*****ds who are only interested if your willing to spend a shedload of money on gear thats 100 quid cheaper 10 miles away.

Reidys in blackburn are a top shop, they couldn"t do enough for me.

Small shops need to do a hell of a lot more to bring the punters in, i hate my local shop that much i"m not even gonna mention the name