Why become a member? ×

SESSIONETTE 100 BASS AMP

Jb1

8 hours ago, Andy James Long said:

Anyone know what make the speakers were in the 4×10 100watt Session bass amp were?

Celestion. Sorry, can't be more specific. The company are still active, so might be worth popping them an email if you need more details.

• 9 months later...

Got my Sessionette 100 4x10 out of the loft and it's not working.. needs some TLC. 

Has a sentimental pull, first proper amp and saw alot of action. But.. day to day won't get gigged by me, and looking at resale values it looks like a write-off to repair.  

Give free to a new home, or take it up the tip. Any ideas? ☹️

6 hours ago, Drax said:

Got my Sessionette 100 4x10 out of the loft and it's not working.. needs some TLC. 

Has a sentimental pull, first proper amp and saw alot of action. But.. day to day won't get gigged by me, and looking at resale values it looks like a write-off to repair.  

Give free to a new home, or take it up the tip. Any ideas? ☹️

Get in touch with the guys at Session. 

• 1 year later...

Anyone requiring help with Session amps can contact us at: [email protected].  Please try to keep it short if you can.

The fading signal is a common problem for ANY amp with an FX LOOP.  It's usually the FX RETURN jack that causes the it (FX SEND jack on Carlsbro amps).  It's our environment that causes the 'sterling silver' jack switching contacts to oxidise.  It not a design fault, but it does suggest that the amps that suffer this have not really seen much effort in servicing to keep them in tip-top condition.  It takes about 10 minutes to clean them up... dead simple!  ;)

SG100-112, 115 and 410 were quiet due to a number of problems caused by our brains!  Yes... read this to learn more: https://award-session.com/pdfs/Amp Tone-Volume Effects_1.pdf  This applies to ANY AMP EVER PRODUCED!  I did warn the 'marketing men' before the design was finished that this would be the case!  No one can defeat the laws of physics, sadly!

Good Luck: Stewart Ward - Designer.

• Like 7