Why become a member? ×

Fender Gold Bass cable

Prioro

Hey

So i was at a music shop recently looking for a decent bass guitar cable and was recommened the 12 foot Fender Gold Bass Cable.

Was just checking if anyone ever used this lead before, cause i must say i'm not too convinced what with Fender making the cable but then again that could just be me.

Anyone have any experience with this lead? Or could anyone recommened another good lead?

Cheers :)

[quote name='Prioro' post='607868' date='Sep 24 2009, 04:27 PM']Hey

So i was at a music shop recently looking for a decent bass guitar cable and was recommened the 12 foot Fender Gold Bass Cable.

Was just checking if anyone ever used this lead before, cause i must say i'm not too convinced what with Fender making the cable but then again that could just be me.

Anyone have any experience with this lead? Or could anyone recommened another good lead?

Cheers :)[/quote]

Ive got the Platinum version of this cable. To be honest i dont use it as i use a wireless system all the time but i got it as a back up to the wireless if it goes down at gigs.

I have used it a couple of times and what can i say, it works. We sometimes use it for hooking up an extra monitor as well.

Probably not worth the money but i really love the look of it and much prefer it to a plain old black cable. In fact it was the look that made me buy it as i dont really believe any of the hype or PR blurb attached to something like this.

I also find 12ft to be a bit short, shame the dont do them longer as i might use it more.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='608431' date='Sep 25 2009, 10:12 AM']I use the Fender cables, but I must admit I got them cheap. They're well-made, chunky and haven't let me down.

Used to sell Planet Waves but a lot came back. I personally think you can't go wrong with Whirlwind.[/quote]

I've had loads of PW cables over the years, along with Whirlwind and the only ones still working at the Whirlwind's.
I know about the PW lifetime guarantee but to be honest once they break i just throw them away. And they have all broken at some point.

My whirlwind snake is about 25 years old now and still going strong.

Edited by dave_bass5