Why become a member? ×

New Peavey TNT in the works

Musky

Sorry if this is old news, but I've just noticed have got a new TNT combo coming out.

Nothing particularly unusual in that, as Peavey seem to regularly update their products, but this one seems to be going the lightweight route. Or at least Peavey's idea of lightweight- they're giving no clues as to what that weight is as yet.

Wonder if they've got any plans to release the amp section as a stand alone head?

[url="http://www.peavey-eu.com/pop_product.php?flag=GB&lan=UK&key=2818"]http://www.peavey-eu.com/pop_product.php?f...UK&key=2818[/url]

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='611738' date='Sep 29 2009, 10:51 AM']That looks well tasty and I`m thinking of getting another combo. Any idea when it`s comin oot?

Jez[/quote]

No idea I'm afraid. [url="http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:99XWpKMwodEJ:www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/356/cat/1/20091501.cfm+peavey+tnt&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk"]This press release[/url] from the beginning of the year says they were coming out in the second quarter of this year, but no dealers seem to have them in stock.

Sounds a bit like the same situation as the delays with the Ashdown Little Giants.

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='613371' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:26 PM']hopefully they'll be delayed into never coming out =P

God i hate Peavey equipment![/quote]

The one girlfriend I had who played bass had some Peavey 15" combo and it was the best 15" combo I ever heard.

But then she was a pretty nifty bassist. She couldn't carry the thing, but she could use it.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='613512' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:51 AM']The one girlfriend I had who played bass had some Peavey 15" combo and it was the best 15" combo I ever heard.

But then she was a pretty nifty bassist. She couldn't carry the thing, but she could use it.[/quote]

Screenshot or it didn't happen! :)

(The girl, not the amp!) :brow:

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='613371' date='Sep 30 2009, 10:26 PM']hopefully they'll be delayed into never coming out =P

Yeah I know what you mean - I felt the same way. Until I actually tried one. :rolleyes:

Although there's no indication that they'll release an amp only version of this, I really hope they do. It might have a RRP of only about £300. :)

Peavey seem to lack the cool factor with some people...having siad that, so does playing bass! So there's really not a lot of point in these types of posts - maybe a review of the gear you've tried would be more useful?

IME, peavey gear has been very reliable, versatile, great value, and far better than some more expensive equivalents. Only problem with amps like the TNT is the weight, so I'd be really interested to see how well the new TNT addresses that.