Why become a member? ×

Bloody guitarists

waynepunkdude

At the risk of making myself unpopular (like a give a rat's...:rolleyes:), I don't do it for 'fun' either. I think 'fun' is overated. That doesn't mean I don't get an awful lot out of it,; pleasure, satisfaction, an opportunity to express myself yadda yadda - but to compare playing music to knobbing about with a wii, sea-fishing or snowboarding devalues its potential massively.

I don't do it for 'fun' either. I may occasionally have fun whilst doing it, but that is entirely peripheral.

They'll be calling it a hobby next :)

[quote name='nash' post='605851' date='Sep 22 2009, 05:28 PM']tell him he doesn't have to play and the world doesn't depend on his playing then cut all of his strings when he's playing and say 'see, i told you the world wouldn't end. your suffering is in vain'.[/quote]

Nice one - bloddy funny - i'll have to try that! :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='606706' date='Sep 23 2009, 03:02 PM']At the risk of making myself unpopular (like a give a rat's...:rolleyes:), I don't do it for 'fun' either. I think 'fun' is overated. That doesn't mean I don't get an awful lot out of it,; pleasure, satisfaction, an opportunity to express myself yadda yadda - but to compare playing music to knobbing about with a wii, sea-fishing or snowboarding devalues its potential massively.

I don't do it for 'fun' either. I may occasionally have fun whilst doing it, but that is entirely peripheral.

They'll be calling it a hobby next :)[/quote]

I've been trying for 3 days to word something like this.
+1

[quote name='The Funk' post='605769' date='Sep 22 2009, 04:30 PM']I've heard people say things like that before. They're a bit simple, aren't they?

I think what he might be trying to say is that he takes it quite seriously and enjoys the hard work/achievement more than the sex and drugs.[/quote]

I didn't know there was anyone amongst us who spoke fluent guitarist. I will have to come to you for more translations :)