Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

High Barn , Great Bardfield

steantval

[quote name='steantval' post='601752' date='Sep 17 2009, 09:47 PM']Our drummer Mr Jeff Rich has secured us a gig at High Barn in Great Bardfield and looking at the website the venue looks superb.

Has anyone out there had any experiences of playing at the venue?[/quote]

That's Jeff Rich ex-Status Quo, just to say!

Cheers

Nick

I've played there umpteen times...... it's a great place to play but think Sailoft/folk club environment..... the punters will sit at the vast tables with candles.... you'll hear a pin drop as soon as the lights go down.....

Other than that I thought the owner to be a prick..... but the staff were very nice.... including the owners wife who was very chatty.

It's in the middle of f***ing no-where so if your telling people to go and see you.... make sure they have good directions.

[quote name='crez5150' post='601811' date='Sep 17 2009, 10:46 PM']it's a great place to play but .... think .... folk club environment ... you'll hear a pin drop as soon as the lights go down .... I thought the owner to be a prick ..... It's in the middle of f***ing no-where so if your telling people to go and see you make sure they have good directions.[/quote]

Reading between the lines, it sounds fantastic. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='steantval' post='601752' date='Sep 17 2009, 09:47 PM']Our drummer Mr Jeff Rich has secured us a gig at High Barn in Great Bardfield and looking at the website the venue looks superb.

Has anyone out there had any experiences of playing at the venue?[/quote]

Played there just before Christmas. It's a great venue, really impressive inside, with a decent size stage and good acoustics. I remember it was a bit awkward getting our gear in though, through a narrow door and passageway. And yes, it is in the middle of nowhere and you will definitely get lost of you don't have good directions.

Great venue, great sound, great soundman, great dressing room. What can I say?

Played there with 3 times w. different singers Andi Hopgood, Sara Mistra and Bridget Metcalfe. Really attentive audience as well. Its one of the gigs I get excited about becasue, whatever else is going to happen, you don't have to fight the room.