Why become a member? ×

Muse - Live @ Teignmouth

Bassmurf

Don't know if anybody else has posted about this but there I was flicking thru BBC Interactive and I come across a section with highlights from Muse's hometown gig from last week, start watching it and 2 songs in..hang on.. what's that bass he's got...blimey...it's only a headless Status!

Last bassist I saw playing one of those was Rhino from t'Quo!

Then on the next song, Chris is using what looks like a mirrored finished, maple necked custom jobbie (a Manson perhaps?), did look very cool!

I dont know about that headless but the mirror finish is a Fender (neck at least) which has been chromed by the looks of things and has a custom guard on it. It was in this months Q magazines Muse interview pictures, it matches Bellamy's manson nicely.

There's a whole list of his kit here
[url="http://www.musewiki.org/Bass"]http://www.musewiki.org/Bass[/url]
I really like Chris Wolstenholme, but I've wondered ever since seeing the HAARP DVD why he needs quite so many basses. He seemed to have a different J-bass for every song on there. I did rather like the chrome '51 P with the red scratch plate he played at Teignmouth though, and I'm not normally partial to that style of P.
I watched the documentary about Teignmouth on BBC3 on Friday, and I've seen the footage on the Radio 1 site, but I'm stuffed if I can find anything via the red button. Where is it?

[quote name='TheBlueFalcon' post='599748' date='Sep 15 2009, 11:22 PM']Well I haven't heard any of the new album yet, but I did see a quote about their new album having slap bass. Mark King seems to like Status basses a lot and I certainly wouldn't argue with him. In fact, I wouldn't mind a KingBass!![/quote]

He slaps on Undisclosed Desires but I didn't notice him using the Status for that one at Teignmouth. Was rather distracted by the really odd Keytar thingy Matt Bellamy was using.