Why become a member? ×

Shark in the water

beerdragon

Bah to the whole "Not our thing" thing. Learn it, make it your own, and try it out at a gig. If it gets punters up and bouncing keep it. If it doesn't work live then bin it.

I recently had to learn Baby Fratelli. I can't stand any versions of the the song I've got, but when we play it as a band it rocks along so nicely I do enjoy playing it.

Give it a bash .. you might find your band's arrangement of it will work better than you think.

+1 to that.

Nothing bad could come from learning a song and trying it out in my opinion.

It'll be a great experience for your band getting out of your comfort zone, facing a challenge and generally it's just more time you've spent with each other playing music which is never a bad thing.

i recently played hit me baby one mroe time by ms spears with a drummer and a pianist as part of a jazz trio and we where all suprised both how well it worked and how quickly we got it together haha.

There are many "out of our comfort zone" tunes that I would attempt with my band but stuff like this just ain't worth it. That song sounds pointless and any rehashing of it would probably be just more pointlessness. IMHO.

I've heard V V Brown do like an acoustic set on the radio and there was much better material than this pap.

Edited by Ou7shined