Why become a member? ×

FEELER: Fender Precision Made in Japan 1996 bass

omvibes

[b][/b]EDIT: this is now definitely for sale, £300 absolutely no offers. Please see new additional photos added. It really is in great condition, apart from the marks shown below. NB the thumb rest sits slightly lower than standard Fender thumb rests, as this seemed a more comfortable height for myself. PM me if interested! Oli

Hi everyone, I'm thinking about selling my MIJ Fender Precision in the next couple of weeks.

Owned it from new since 1996 (I think) - serial number is V000*** Was gigged in the late '90s, and used on some recordings, but always kept in a hardcase when not being used, so its in great condition! Wouldn't be thinking of getting rid of it, but now have a '77 Precision and Gibson EB3, which is more than enough.

Good condition throughout, neck looks like its never been used, frets look fine as well (I think), body has some marks but really, its almost as new.

All parts stock, apart from the tortoiseshell pickguard, and the thumb rest I had installed (seemed like a good idea at the time). I also have the original 'off white' pickguard somewhere, willing to throw that in as well.

Oh, and its very lightweight, the lightest Precision I ever came across. Nice tone, and served me well for a number of years.

Not sure what its worth these days, so you're interested, please pm me with serious offers, thanks (I know what I paid for it originally, so won't entertain any silly offers...).

Pictures (hopefully) attached...

OM

Edited by omvibes

Hi, based in south London. I paid £400 for it in '96, and don't really want to give it away, as it has sentimental value (my first bass, and all that!), hence only want to sell it if I get a price I'm happy with. Not sure what that price is yet, hence being a bit vague.

Pm me if interested, and we can go from there.

Oli

[quote name='Douglas' post='589104' date='Sep 3 2009, 08:53 PM']How much would you be looking for cash-wise?[/quote]

Well, it would be nice to get my money back from the original purchase (see further up this thread), whether that is realistic or not is another question. Pm me if interested... Oli

• 3 months later...

[quote name='owen' post='683353' date='Dec 13 2009, 09:20 PM']Nut width?[/quote]

In answer to various questions I have received, thanks to the bump I presume (appreciated Karl):

Nut width is standard ('B'?) width - I don't have the bass with me at the moment (see below), but its the standard width as far as I remember
No, hard case doesn't come with it
Don't really want to ship it, want whoever buys it to try it out and be happy with it.
r.e. action etc, come and give it a go for yourself if you're seriously interested...

Happy to answer all questions, but, please, only serious enquiries with cash ready to go etc, okay? I'm not in the UK now until the end of December, available for viewing in London or possibly Sussex from then and first two weeks of January.

Oli

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for all the interest on this bass, all pms etc answered.

Last call on it now though, I'm in the London/ Sussex area for the next 10 days, and then will be moving to Hungary. If the bass doesn't sell before then I'll be taking it with me to sell there. I'll mainly be based near Crawley/ M25, with visits to Camden and south-east London in the next ten days, happy to deliver within reason, but only on a 100% commitment.

FYI nut width confirmed at 1 5/8, has flatwounds on it at the moment. It looks lovely, will miss it a lot, hope it will be going to one of you good folk out there...

Oli

Thanks for the continued interest everyone. Some quick points though, as an increasingly dispirited seller:

1. People have been asking about the action, and as I have explained, I have no definitive answer. The guy I would have asked (makes amps for Muse amongst others, so reasonably professional...) is not around until end of next week, and its unlikely I will be able to meet up with him. I have used the bass on a couple of albums, and it seemed fine to me - but then again I'm no pro. Put simply, if you're interested, then just come and try and it out, have a fiddle, and you'll soon see if its for you or not. I've made it clear where I am based, and I am willing to try and make the deal happen within reason (M25 limit seems fine, apologies if thats offensive to those further afield from Londum), but I can't go wandering around the country on spec, using up the money from selling the bass on petrol. If the distance is too long for you to come on a chance, then this is probably not the bass for you.

2. I would presume that anyone interested in buying it would want to check it out firstly, which if obviously fine. Bu I'm sure it would be more convenient for both parties if the transaction is done in one shot, so I think cash is the only way to go. I can't go with retrospective payments through Paypal or similar, and I wouldn't expect anyone to pay me money for the bass before seeing it. That's only fair, isn't it?

3. Now has roundwounds on it, which a couple of people had asked about.

4. As per original post (I think), no case of any type whatsoever...

Oli

• 2 weeks later...