Why become a member? ×

FS Zoot 4 string

giblett123

Hi everyone,

here we have the latest in my bass clear out, a really nice playing 4 string pre-production prototype Zoot. The bass has been heavily modified over the years & I believe only the body is completely original. Its fitted with EMG pups (passive, there is an active circuit which has been bypassed by a previous owner), maple neck with rosewood board & dot inlays. I'm not sure how old it is but will probably have been built somewhere in the 1990's? Condition wise there are some dings & scratches on the body as you would expect with a bass this age but nothing too serious & the neck (not the original) but is good quality & has been been refretted by the previous owner, the hardware has also been replaced at some point. It comes fitted with new Daddario strings & a hard case. Pricing it at £199 for a v quick sale.

Cheers for looking
Chris.
PS more pics/info available on request.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='giblett123' post='587372' date='Sep 2 2009, 12:30 PM']Ahhhh....raising cash for a project! hows life treating you?[/quote]

Alas not sold after all so back up again! My fault entirely & apols for me being a such dufus! :)

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='587475' date='Sep 2 2009, 01:46 PM']This is one of my old basses and is a superb instrument to play, the neck was refretted by a great luthier and plays like butter (!)
At that price, this bass is an absolute steal, someone buy this before I have it back![/quote]

It is nice to play & sounds great, lowest action I've ever had!

[quote name='giblett123' post='587372' date='Sep 2 2009, 12:30 PM']Ahhhh....raising cash for a project! hows life treating you?[/quote]

Sounds interesting. :lol:

I'm not too bad thanks.

Loving the Status and everything was going well until my playing activities came to a grinding halt a couple of weeks ago after a pretty nasty health scare. :) :rolleyes:

On the road to recovery and new challenges now though. :lol: :lol:

Still enjoying the GB?

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='588388' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:47 AM']Sounds interesting. :lol:

I'm not too bad thanks.

Loving the Status and everything was going well until my playing activities came to a grinding halt a couple of weeks ago after a pretty nasty health scare. :) :rolleyes:

On the road to recovery and new challenges now though. :lol: :lol:

Still enjoying the GB?[/quote]

Blimey!