Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1973 Fender Jazz Bass - Sunburst

Jebo1

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be buying a new full size arcade machine (yes, yes I always find it strange what other people get up to in there spare time as well) so I need to get rid of a guitar.

This is a great condition 1973 Sunburst Fender Jazz Bass. The guitar itself is in very nice condition with some cosmetic damage in the usual places, but I think this is correctly termed 'Mojo', and have never bothered me (my other basses are much more beat up than this). The bridge, tuners, scratchplate and more are all original. The pickups are changed ones and I don't really know a great deal about them. The pots were changed at the same time too.

The neck has the original frets and plays beautifully, however at some point the previous owner decided to get LEDs in place of the original fret markers. These are no bigger than the top of a pin and have never caused me any issues. for authenticity, I thought I'd mention it. If you want to be showy I assume you could get these reconected if you so wish.

There aren't any pickup covers, and I currently have a wonderfully functional Gator case for this one.

The guitar is for sale at £1100, but if it's cash then you guys can have it for £1,000. I'm based in Bristol, and anyone is more than welcome to come down and try it out, she's a lovely guitar.

If you need info, by all means PM me here (although I have had some issues with this previously), or email me at: [email protected] (I answer this once or twice a day).

I will get some pics when I can, although this is likely to be tomorrow now...

Any questions, please ask before I'm going to have to ebay this beauty :-(

Sorry, yes the neck does have the wonderful and fantastically good looking pearl block inlays (and all of them are original and there are no breaks). The LEDs are on the side of the neck (as you look down at them).

Pictures will be added as soon as humanly possible! I'm in the process of buying a new digi camera, so higher res. ones will be forthcoming in the next few days as well :-)

Hi everyone, really sorry for not getting back to anyone, but the camera I have has just died.

For reference, the battery cavity was never cut out of the bass (yes I know, why would someone bother?)

The pickups I think are the rewound originals on second look. They have the original cloth wiring, poles and casings but new copper wire around them, which makes the tone very punchy. I've just had this confirmed by the previous owner, so I thought I'd let you know!

Anyway, I can't get pics until Monday now, but will do for you all then!

I think the previous owner got the LEDs in the neck, but had no idea how they would be powered. When the luthier asked him where he wanted the battery cavity cut, he decided he didn't want his bass marked and told him to ditch the idea! Crazy I know, but this was a very well of chap in London, and that's what they're like up there.

Madness, sheer madness! When I buy my new camera (this weekend) I'll have some super nice pics to show everyone.

[quote name='Jebo1' post='63218' date='Sep 20 2007, 05:52 PM']I think the previous owner got the LEDs in the neck, but had no idea how they would be powered. When the luthier asked him where he wanted the battery cavity cut, he decided he didn't want his bass marked and told him to ditch the idea! Crazy I know, but this was a very well of chap in London, and that's what they're like up there.

Madness, sheer madness! When I buy my new camera (this weekend) I'll have some super nice pics to show everyone.[/quote]

Okay Lawrie I'm going to have to take issue with this. As the 'previous owner' of this bass (and yes, I am from London), I did not have the LEDs installed - as you know. Pretty pissed off with your characterisation of me as some rich idiot.

Nor, as you know, have I confirmed anything to you about the provenance of the pickups. Sorry, but fed up with you making this stuff up. :)

Please remember that 'previous owners' read these boards. Okay?

Thanks

Tim

Not going to argue with this, sorry Rich. You did tell me it was a rich idiot who'd put the LEDs in there :-) I'm not slandering you, you were nothing more than a great guy! The pickups are rewinds, which we discussed when I was there, (and was the source of some price negotiations as well...)

Genuine misunderstanding, and apologies anything to you Rich didn't mean any offence.