Why become a member? ×

How do I rack mount half width units?

Sercet

[quote name='Sercet' post='581654' date='Aug 26 2009, 05:30 PM']I use an Acoustic Image amp with a Summit preamp. Both appear to be rack mountable (the amp has the mounts and a kit is available for the preamp). Both units are half standard width. How would I mount these in a rack?

Thanks

Steve[/quote]

I just got a rackmount kit for my Superfly, basically it's like 2 1/4 size blanking plates that screw to the rack then screw in to the amp, if that makes sense?

Big ears. Like these ones:

Search for half width rack ears and some should turn up. If your gear isn't exactly half width then you may have to get custom ones, or you may be able to get them from the amp manufacturer. Best to send them an email and see what they recommend!

Edited by dannybuoy

I bought one of these:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-Rack-1U-Shelf-300mm-Black-Brand-New-Boxed_W0QQitemZ380152760787QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Outboards_Effects_MJ?hash=item5882dec9d3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-Rack-1U-Shelf-300...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

I went to screw my half rack compressor/wireless to it, but couldnt find the right size screws, so ended up using some strong double sided tape. Hasnt moved a millimeter.

hahaha, I clicked onto this holding a bit of metal I unscrewed from my rack today. didnt previously know what it was untill I read that.
for some reason I only have the bigger bit and not the smaller bit. if anyone wants it your more then happy to collect it or send me postage costs.