Why become a member? ×

Acoustic 126 combo - finally Sold, woo

Mr. Foxen

Doing some seriouas thinking, love the idea and from what I've read the tone is superb, just not sure it's gonna be loud enough. Can it drive an extension cab if needs be (like I'm gonna find an Acoustic 1x15 cab anytime soon)?

[quote name='Beedster' post='720833' date='Jan 22 2010, 09:28 AM']Doing some seriouas thinking, love the idea and from what I've read the tone is superb, just not sure it's gonna be loud enough. Can it drive an extension cab if needs be (like I'm gonna find an Acoustic 1x15 cab anytime soon)?[/quote]

No
Its already got a 4 ohm speaker in if its original and the amp wont go down to 2 ohm

Taken from the acoustic unofficial web site which is a great resource for acoustic products
This is from a post from a guy call cuzin locust who comes here sometimes and is a fount of knowledge of all things acoustic

[url="http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com/"]http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com/[/url]

The Acoustic model 126 is a great medium duty combo amplifier. It is rated at 100 watts rms @ 4ohms and will not run at less than a 4 ohm load.There is a plug on the back panel where a 2nd speaker jack would have gone,(the 126 and 220 shared the same chassis).

I do have an acoustic single 15 cabinet but tbh if I set up the 126 and a 404 I would end up with a physically pretty big rig and it would be easier to use something else.

You are a fair way a way from me but you would be welcome to come and try mine if you are ever in the area. [not looking to sell btw]

Edited by bumnote

If you did swap out the speaker for a more durable modern one, you could use an 8 ohm one. For whatever reason, there is a an output and an input so you have to use a speaker lead even though its a combo, so potentially you could run an external cab and not the internal speaker. Also means if you do speaker swap, you can use an external with two jacks, and daisy chain it back to the internal speaker.

Guys, many thanks for the above. Having thought it through it's probably too big a risk for what I need. It certainly fits the bill perfectly looks wise and possibly tone wise, but even if I tried it in a studio down your way Mr F, I still won't know if it's gonna get above our guitarist's blues noise until I use it in a crowded bar with his Fender amp screaming full tilt next to it, and if I can't add an extra cab simply it could just render the whole thing a long-distance WoT (that's a poor use of one's day as opposed to our well respected Geordie forumite)!

C

• 4 weeks later...

This is the amp that made me sell my old Marshall 100w back in 1979! My mates brother had one, and once I'd played my P through it, I had to have some of the "Baby Powder Blue" gear. I bought my 220 and 404 (1x15) as soon as I could. Still have both, and if I had any spare cash, I'd snap this up. Looks to be in great nick and no doubt still sounds fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...