Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: OLP MM3 Stingray 5 String (Plus Gig Bag) £135 or TRADES???

Moos3h

If I hadn't just moved to bloody Germany for 6 months then I'd have this off you like a shot, bloody typical :)
Great bass and amazing price, if someone banged a top-banana PuP in it then it would be a fantastic gigging bass.

Have a bumpage on me amigo!

[quote name='Moos3h' post='578953' date='Aug 24 2009, 12:31 PM']I'm struggling to remember off the top of my head, but will post it up shortly.

To abbreviate, it's slightly narrower than some basses (but probably not as narrow as others). Helpful eh?[/quote]

I have one. Suit me as I have small hands. However, I believe you can fix it by putting on a wider bridge. There is plenty of space on the 'board.

[quote name='BassJase' post='578929' date='Aug 24 2009, 12:16 PM']So to ask the big question, what is the string spacing? :)[/quote]
Well, I didn't measure it, but I'm used to 18-19mm on a 5er and it felt too tight to me. I think James' [b]approximate[/b] measure (taken while we were on the phone) was 65mm centre B to centre G, making it a bit over 16mm centre-to-centre. James may be able to do do a more accurate measure now.

Andy

Yep, measured using the mightily-accurate Tesco 99p tape measure, it appears to be about 65mm centre B to centre G. Personally-speaking I have no issue with the string spacing and do have quite (fat) chunky fingers. As with all of these things, it's personal taste of course!

Cheers,
James

• 3 months later...