Why become a member? ×

Jack Basses defretted (Headless)1 passive poss trade

MoonBassAlpha

Passive: refinished in Tru-Oil, still has a few knocks and stains that just would not sand out. It it was in a terrible state
when I got it as a doer-upper but has come up quite nice, it is not immaculate, but plays just fine. Has a 3way switch added
and the socket relocated to the front from the side.

Collection Oxfordshire area or meet up nearby.
Anyone interested?
As it says above, the Custom one has gone, defretted passive still for sale £140 Collected

Cheers
Jules

Passive:
[attachment=37473:Jack_refin_body.JPG][attachment=37474:Jack_refin_back.jpg]

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='669263' date='Nov 29 2009, 05:31 PM']Bump for defretted back on sale, as OldSlapper could only take the one in the end.[/quote]
Matron!
By the way the fretless is a beaut, I gave it a good seeing to (oooh er missus) on saturday when getting the fretted off MoonBaseAlphaJules, great tone too. If only I had the dosh......! Jules is a gent too, so buy with confidence.

I'm looking to sell my refinished passive be-humbuckered one as well. It is done in Tru-Oil and feels nice but there were some marks and stain that didn't quite come out fully.
It has had a couple of alterations done too but has a very wide range of tones and a passive tone pot that REALLY does a LOT!
It is wired VVT with a 3 way switch added, and the jack socket relocated to the front (good for playing sat on the sofa...)
I'll send you pics if you like. Maybe I should start a new thread for this one. It is peeking out from behind the other 2 in the photo at the top.

[quote name='ialma' post='670025' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:31 PM']Photos please!
Looks like it's a fretless though...[/quote]
Yes, it has no frets, sorry, I didn't make that clear!

BOTH REMAINING JACK BASSES ARE DEFRETTED. One has lighter lines than the other.
They both have a nice organic woody sound.
I'll put up some more pics tonight.

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

As promised earlier, pictures as requested of the refinished Jack with Humbuckers (passive and FRETLESS! :rolleyes: )

[attachment=37471:Jack_refin_body.JPG]

And the back:

[attachment=37472:Jack_refin_back.jpg]

BTW, the cavity cover is made of elm, the original plastic one was missing when I got it :)
I'd do this one for £150 I guess.

Ok these two are up on eBay starting at £120 and £140 respectively

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160384829359&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123"]Custom fretless[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160384837367&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123"]refinished passive fretless[/url]

Edited by MoonBassAlpha

• 5 months later...

A "Still for sale OR trade" type bump.
Would consider a trade, possibly a 5er, nothing too big as they look a bit daft on a shrimp like me. I'm willing to add a fair chunk of money towards a trade too. Don't mind headless... or another fretless!

Cheers
Jules