Why become a member? ×

This is my updated Family.......

Twenty Six

Had a few additions over the past couple of months, and just figured I'd share......

Here is a brief family photo........(my main bass which is a '96 Stingray 4 natural w/rosewood is missing from the picture as a friend is borrowing it for studio recording).

Basses
2008 MUSICMAN Stingray 4 Natural w/rosewood
2004 MUSICMAN Stingray 4 Vintage burst w/matching headstock, and rosewood.........(this baby has some serious Mojo, and the sweetest action of any bass I have ever played)
2008 MUSICMAN Stingray 5 Black w/Piezo, and rosewood
2004 Warwick Thumb Bass Neck-Thru (added to the collection two weeks ago)

Then there is this.................1972 Fender Jazz Bass.......100% original...... added three weeks ago

Rig
Mesa Big Block 750
Mesa 810 Powerhouse

Effects
Boss Powered pedal board case
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
Tech 21 Sams Amp Bass Driver DI
Shure UT-4 Wireless

Nice looking family you have there Twenty Six! :)
I'm particularly liking the look of the black Stingray 5.
Will you be gigging your new Jazz bass? I'd be interested to know how
it compares with the MM's. (Not to mention the Warwick too, of course! :rolleyes: )

[quote name='littleal' post='573747' date='Aug 18 2009, 11:28 PM']Very nice Thumb, Very powerfull looking rig :)[/quote]

Thanks!!!

[quote name='Stingray5' post='573936' date='Aug 19 2009, 05:43 AM']Nice looking family you have there Twenty Six! :rolleyes:
I'm particularly liking the look of the black Stingray 5.
Will you be gigging your new Jazz bass? I'd be interested to know how
it compares with the MM's. (Not to mention the Warwick too, of course! :lol: )[/quote]

Thanks!!! The 5 string has it's own unique sound with the Piezo in it, over previous Stingray 5's that I have owned in the past. It seems to be a warmer tone with the Piezo off, and gets a little more of a brighter tone with it edged up. As far as the Jazz bass goes,....... it's more of a keep at home type of thing. I got a really good deal on it, and being that it is blocked, and bound with rosewood made it more of a "I want it" type thing. FIgured I'd start building me a nice little collection I guess. As far as the Stingray vs. the Jazz...... Well, the Jazz bass is strung with flatwounds so it's really hard to get a good idea of how they compare on a level playing field. Although I have owned Jazz basses in the past, and I primarily play Stingray basses. I love that bright deep growl on a single humbucker Stingray when playing close to the bridge. As far as the Stingray vs. the Thumb...... Well, I used to play nothing but Warwicks up until 2005 when I got my first Stingray on a trade. I have been a MUSICMAN guy every since. I really only bought the Warwick because a friend of mine was selling it for a price I couldn't jump on. The Thumb is a nice, and comfortable bass.... but it reminds me of a P-Bass with an active preamp.

[quote name='Twenty Six' post='573742' date='Aug 19 2009, 03:21 AM']Then there is this.................1972 Fender Jazz Bass.......100% original...... added three weeks ago
[/quote]
I would like this, and I'll quite happily give you 78 pence and a packet of pork scratchings for it.

Thanks.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='574366' date='Aug 19 2009, 04:10 PM']I would like this, and I'll quite happily give you 78 pence and a packet of pork scratchings for it.[/quote]

On the one hand they say there's a recession on and then on the other you've got young people splashing irresponsible amounts of money and tasty snacks around for tatty old basses :)

[quote name='JPJ' post='574408' date='Aug 19 2009, 10:36 AM']On the one hand they say there's a recession on and then on the other you've got young people splashing irresponsible amounts of money and tasty snacks around for tatty old basses :)[/quote]

I'm 30 so I'm not really that young..........lol

As far as the recession........... I'm just doing my part to get the economy back in order.... Besides I only gave $1,600 USD for it. So it's more of an investment. They average $2,500 to $2,800 on ebay in pretty much the same condition..... So, I know I can always make a little something extra should I ever choose to sell it.

Edited by Twenty Six

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='574951' date='Aug 19 2009, 05:56 PM']The 72 J-bass looks great & I love the collection. You appear to have the same problem with Stingrays that I have with P-basses! :)[/quote]

P-Basses are a classic....... I'm just not really big into the passive basses, but that new Active Deluxe P-Bass has got me thinking of adding one.

[quote name='JPJ' post='574408' date='Aug 19 2009, 04:36 PM']On the one hand they say there's a recession on and then on the other you've got young people splashing irresponsible amounts of money and tasty snacks around for tatty old basses :)[/quote]
You're just jealous of my youth and wealth. Deal with it, granpaw!