Why become a member? ×

Hi-Fi separates

Hi Guy's,

Some rational thought has driven me to decide to sell some of my hi-fi bits. All are in good condition and well looked after. Here's a brief out line of whats going so far:

Yamaha Natural Sound Amp A320, this has been a tough decision, but my Denon is more to my current tastes. £20
Cambridge Audio CD4 (I'm keeping the CD5) £15
Ariston Tuner £10
Yamaha Cassette Deck £10
Marantz DV4100-OSE DVD Player What Hifi 5* winner (great player, plays cd's well as well, shortly won't own a TV) £20
Also selling a 19" Alba LCD TV £40

Would consider swaps for bass gear of course;)

Cheers
Lee

Edited by Lee-Man

Just found what What Hi-Fi said about the Marantz

This player changed our views on the viability of playing CDs on a DVD kit, and so won our 2001 Product of the Year. Whether using the RGB-enabled Scart or S-video outputs, pictures from the Marantz are superb, even the composite option’s are OK.

At last, here’s a DVD player with universal appeal, and the least expensive model we’d recommend if you want a single machine for music and movies.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='573504' date='Aug 18 2009, 09:27 PM']Sorta tempted by all of it to be honest.

Does the Yamaha have a phono preamp?

Cheers

Ah wait I can read, it does :)

Does the Marantz have like a 5.1 out or anything for surround sound[/quote]

Hello mate, Yes the Yamaha does have phono pre. It's a great sounding amp. I used to run the L+R out on the Marantz in to it. The Marantz has a digi out to connect to a Dolby DTS converter for surround, so it's can't do 5.1 by it's self. But running it in to the Yamaha and some big old school speakers it sounds ace. Also the picture contrast (particularly the black and dark colours) is ace.

Lee

I'm just wondering if I should have my Hifi combined with my DVD setup, my current dvd player is on it's way out.

You in Manchester in the near future? I'm not in a rush.

Thinking Amp, Radio and DVD player at the moment.

Then go buy some of my favourite old JBL Control 1G's :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='573543' date='Aug 18 2009, 10:05 PM']I'm just wondering if I should have my Hifi combined with my DVD setup, my current dvd player is on it's way out.

You in Manchester in the near future? I'm not in a rush.

Thinking Amp, Radio and DVD player at the moment.

Then go buy some of my favourite old JBL Control 1G's :)[/quote]

Not sure when I'm next in Manchester, poss quite soon, let me check my diary.