Why become a member? ×

Stingray 4 3EQ, Ibanez Roadster Fretless and G&L L2500 USA withdrawn

hammer

[attachment=2314:stingray..._g_l_010.jpg][attachment=2316:stingray..._g_l_016.jpg][attachment=2315:s
ingray..._g_l_013.jpg][attachment=2308:ibanez_1_002.jpg][attachment=2309:bulgaria_1_075.jpg][attachm
nt=2310:bulgaria_1_077.jpg][attachment=2311:stingray..._g_l_001.jpg][attachment=2312:stingray..._g_l
005.jpg][attachment=2313:stingray..._g_l_003.jpg][attachment=2307:ibanez_1_002.jpg]All three basses in good nick.
The Stingray is spotless, having been bought new in 2003. Since then I have moved onto 5 string basses and just do not use it. It comes with its own hard case. It is sunburst with a white pickguard and black pickup. As far as I am aware there are no marks on it other than slight natural darkening of the maple fretboard which is almost indetectable. Best offer over 700GBP.

The Ibanez was born in the 1980's and is well gigged with a couple of dints but in good condition. Maple board with groundwound strings. I spent 100GBP on repairing the fingerboard as it had had roundwounds on it and it looked a bit messy. Looks almost as good as new now and plays really well. Lots of mwahh. Only downside is that it is a bit on the heavy side! 250GBP ono.

The G&L is in really nice condition. Again maple fretboard and a massive range of tones from the 2 humbuckers. There are no real marks on it considering it has been gigged regularly. I got it shipped over from Hawaii and it is one of a special edition USA G&L's with a bound body. Comes with G&L hardcase. Offers over 700GBP.

I have lots of pictures which I can email to you if you pm me. I am based in Swindon and would prefer pick up only although I'd be willing to meet halfway if it is a reasonable distance.

Edited by hammer

Hi Hammer - just a bit of info about your Ibby - it's an RS 940 Roadster, dates from between 1979 and 1983 - the first two numbers of the serial (on the neckplate) give you the year of manufacture.

I have the fretted version of the same bass (RS 924, as played by Steve bleedin' 'Arris) and it's a lovely, great-sounding bass. Another forgotten Jap classic that you hardly ever see any more. :)

Jon.

Thanks Jon
I thought it was eqarly 80's. It was my main bass between 1999 and 2003 but I've gone on to using 5 stringers so it only comes out of its case occasionally. As you say it is a classic and every time I play it I end up deciding to keep it. It needs a good home.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, that G&L is still attracting my attention... All I have to offer would be the Stingray 5 I just bought (see avatar) in a most striking colour combination! Now THAT would be a tricky decision for me to make! Out of question, would you consider it?

Edited by theosd

• 3 weeks later...