Why become a member? ×

Fender Jaguar FS/FT

Ghost Rider

[quote name='Master blaster' post='766697' date='Mar 7 2010, 09:38 AM']i think u might need to offer more then the jag for the swap. people tend to be quite attached to there millers. and its also a bass the ratils for more then a jag[/quote]

Thanks for the message but Marcus millers tend to go for around £450 to £500 :)

[quote name='fraff' post='761248' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:42 PM']Would be super interested if I can get a decent sum for my vintage Framus!

... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79135"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79135[/url]

Good luck with it![/quote]

Oh my

That Framus is lovely.

Leo

[quote name='LeoFender' post='770380' date='Mar 10 2010, 01:53 PM']Oh my

That Framus is lovely.

Leo[/quote]

Thanks Leo

The Framus is now with Andy Baxter (andybaxterbass.com) - a good guy, if anyone fancies paying dealer rates for vintage stuff.

And sorry GR - my G.A.S. has changed from a Jaguar to a G&L SB-2 or Sandberg I'm seeing later tonight. But best of luck with the sale/trade.

Jesus man I cant believe this is still not sold. These Jaguars are so undersold and understated. They really are a bit of a secret, as they are absolutely superb. Somebody buy it before he changes his mind. Personally I would not trade for a Miller - no way. Do what is on my Jag. Fit a Gotoh chromed brass bridge, have Howard fit a brass nut, and do a straight swap with the tuners to vintage reverse winds - they are a perfect fit, no new holes. You wont want to sell it then, not when you find it rings for ages like a £3000 boutique job. All best though, hope somebody out there knows how good it is and grabs a bargain

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rednose200' post='776207' date='Mar 16 2010, 02:05 PM']Jesus man I cant believe this is still not sold. These Jaguars are so undersold and understated. They really are a bit of a secret, as they are absolutely superb. Somebody buy it before he changes his mind. Personally I would not trade for a Miller - no way. Do what is on my Jag. Fit a Gotoh chromed brass bridge, have Howard fit a brass nut, and do a straight swap with the tuners to vintage reverse winds - they are a perfect fit, no new holes. You wont want to sell it then, not when you find it rings for ages like a £3000 boutique job. All best though, hope somebody out there knows how good it is and grabs a bargain[/quote]

Cheers Mate, I'd love to keep her but a marcus miller is what I'm after...

No Takers as yet & I will sell at £475 ono.

[quote name='tom1946' post='790203' date='Mar 30 2010, 07:08 AM']I too have a Marcus Miller, just paid £650 for it. Never seen one for £475 anywhere?

Good luck, The Jag looks lovely.[/quote]

I saw a sunburst Marcus go for £435 on ebay :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just throw in my twopence worth, having had both the Geddy Lee & Marcus Miller Basses, the Jaguar for me beats 'em both for range of tone, looks and playability. If it's the Marcus you need, for the tone, then grand, as it's quite a specific tone, and it's twice as heavy as the Jag, Geddy is also very atonal, if indeed that's a word, lmao, stick with the Jag, one of Fender's best, having tried most of they're models at some point, only thing that is similar in tone variation is the Stu Hamm Urge II, but twice the price, good luck,

The GroovyPlucker

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='803148' date='Apr 11 2010, 10:26 PM']Hi,

Just throw in my twopence worth, having had both the Geddy Lee & Marcus Miller Basses, the Jaguar for me beats 'em both for range of tone, looks and playability. If it's the Marcus you need, for the tone, then grand, as it's quite a specific tone, and it's twice as heavy as the Jag, Geddy is also very atonal, if indeed that's a word, lmao, stick with the Jag, one of Fender's best, having tried most of they're models at some point, only thing that is similar in tone variation is the Stu Hamm Urge II, but twice the price, good luck,

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

Whats the body/neck balance like on them compared to a jazz?

[quote name='LeoFender' post='803859' date='Apr 12 2010, 04:09 PM']Whats the body/neck balance like on them compared to a jazz?[/quote]

Hi,

It's pretty good, there is a slight lean headstock wise, but really nothing much, the main thing with the Jaguar is the small body wing at the bottom part of the body [is that the right term, sure it's not] this make's it more difficult to balance on your knee, and it also adds to the overall way the bass hangs on you while stood up, compared with a Jazz anyhow, which obviously contributes to the very slight neck dip, but believe me it is slight, the Jazz body is bigger. Overall tho, I much prefer my Jag to a Jazz, but if a Jazz were thrown at me I wouldn't say no, lol,

The GroovyPlucker

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The GroovyPlucker' post='804020' date='Apr 12 2010, 07:14 PM']Hi,

It's pretty good, there is a slight lean headstock wise, but really nothing much, the main thing with the Jaguar is the small body wing at the bottom part of the body [is that the right term, sure it's not] this make's it more difficult to balance on your knee, and it also adds to the overall way the bass hangs on you while stood up, compared with a Jazz anyhow, which obviously contributes to the very slight neck dip, but believe me it is slight, the Jazz body is bigger. Overall tho, I much prefer my Jag to a Jazz, but if a Jazz were thrown at me I wouldn't say no, lol,

The GroovyPlucker[/quote]

Thanks for the info,

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Arrrgh I love Jag's!!

I'd be willing to part with mine plus some cash

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86299"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86299[/url]

It's a beautiful bass to play, very good sound, and an absolute steal at the price I'm asking.

[quote name='cameltoe' post='829709' date='May 6 2010, 03:38 PM']Arrrgh I love Jag's!!

I'd be willing to part with mine plus some cash

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86299"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86299[/url]

It's a beautiful bass to play, very good sound, and an absolute steal at the price I'm asking.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but its not what I am after :)

• 3 weeks later...