Status Shark Pro Active (circa 1997).

4 string.
Alder body.
24 frets. 34" scale.
Reinforced with graphite rods.
15mm string spacing at 12th.
Active dual Status 'Hyperactive' pups.
New Hixcox case.

Bit reluctant to let this go as it's not your common garden Shark which only had one passive pickup, this one's a bit rarer, but...

I recently re-aquired an MIA Jazz which is the instrument I learned to play on many moons ago. It's like meeting up with an old friend and my chances of actually hitting the note I wanted to, on it's neck, have improved tremendously. I did however make the schoolboy error of splashing all my cash on the guitar and not on any decent amplification so [b]that's what I'm looking for trades wise... a decent amp or cab or combo around 300w.[/b] I never really noticed any problems with my Laney practice amp and the Status because the active circut cleaned it up for me. With the Jazz it sounds like the death rattle of a man with terminal flatulence.

This Status has a wide neck but I'll miss it's thinness which makes it incredibly fast and lithe. It has a throaty growl with both pup's on full. Structurally the bass is very sound, seems built like a tank, and the neck is straight and true, (I heard a rumour that Rob Green took a special interest in this instrument). It has quite a small body and a smaller headstock so seems light and balanced. Cosmetically it's very good too, I'd give it 8 out of 10. There's a couple of scratches either side of the body, (which I've tried to photograph), a ding above the 12th fret which can't be felt when playing, (see photo), and a bit of the chrome has come off the bridge. All housed in a nice new lockable Hixcox case. Apologies for the grainy phone camera pictures...
[attachment=30856:01.jpg]
[attachment=30857:02.jpg]
Chrome wear on bridge...
[attachment=30858:03.jpg]
[attachment=30859:04.jpg]
[attachment=30860:05.jpg]
[attachment=30861:06.jpg]
Difficult to describe how thin the neck is... and perfectly flat!
[attachment=30862:07.jpg]
all nice and tidy...
[attachment=30863:08.jpg]
scratched on side...
[attachment=30864:09.jpg]
and a lil one on the other...
[attachment=30865:10.jpg]
ding above the 12th fret...
[attachment=30866:11.jpg]
in a nice new hardcase...
[attachment=30869:12.jpg]

One drawback is that I don't drive so you'll have to be local or not mind a journey to complete the trade. I'm based in a happy place called New Brighton, which is on the Wirral, not far from Liverpool... about 5 mins from the end of the M53. I'm happy if somebody want's to come try it out first and will suppy hot and cold running tea/coffee. Thanks for looking. :)

Edited by Shambo

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='570444' date='Aug 16 2009, 09:13 AM']Fantastic bass! I used to own a 5 string version and regret selling it very much. I would love one again...

And yes the neck really is as thin and fast as stated, although until you play it, its hard to believe its that good![/quote]
+1

I had the 5 string of this too and it was very good.. Stupidly sold it to fund something else which of course, I no longer have!

Good luck with the sale! :)

I used to have the 4 string..... wait a moment that is my old bass! That was my first ever bass! Lovely creamy warm tone.
Almost tempted to check the bank account...
If you have any questions about it's history shambo just ask!

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='573259' date='Aug 18 2009, 05:52 PM']I used to have the 4 string..... wait a moment that is my old bass! That was my first ever bass! Lovely creamy warm tone.
Almost tempted to check the bank account...
If you have any questions about it's history shambo just ask![/quote]
Thanks silverfoxnik & Luke. 'Tis a nice one but needs must as the devil drives.

Now on hold pending possible trade. :)

Edited by Shambo

Now traded...
[quote name='LukeFRC' post='574428' date='Aug 19 2009, 04:57 PM']I just find it strange that I sell it to a guy in london and it ends up near liverpool....[/quote]
...gone to a new home in the west country. :)