Why become a member? ×

Clarky's punk band (Kismetik) play Gosport Punkfest

Clarky

Ditto - am playing a barn in distant Devon, must be mad! (As a dep, don't hit me...)

Used to share rehearsal space with 999 in '79, a very tidy pop band - never thought of them as authentic punks but what did I know? Nearly got into a fight with Billy Idol for claiming Generation X sounded like a second rate Deep Purple! :)

As I was a foot taller than him he chickened out.

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='565453' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:56 PM']Ditto - am playing a barn in distant Devon, must be mad! (As a dep, don't hit me...)

Used to share rehearsal space with 999 in '79, a very tidy pop band - never thought of them as authentic punks but what did I know? Nearly got into a fight with Billy Idol for claiming Generation X sounded like a second rate Deep Purple! :rolleyes:

As I was a foot taller than him he chickened out.[/quote]
I bet that wasn't in Billy Idol's autobiography!

Thanks for good wishes all :lol:

PS, despite my rampaging and excruciating ear infection (bloody hope it clears up for Saturday) we had a rehearsal tonight and I learned that the dep from the Birmingham gig hadn't learned our songs and missed most of his cues so that it was genuinely a mess. The other two complimented me on my playing tonight :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='565465' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:04 PM']...I learned that the dep from the Birmingham gig hadn't learned our songs and missed most of his cues so that it was genuinely a mess. The other two complimented me on my playing tonight :)[/quote]

The deep, chocolate-y taste of satisfaction. :rolleyes: