Why become a member? ×

SOLD

XB26354

*** SOLD ***

Hi,
I bought this recently from GreyParrot. A superb example of a sunburst super jazz 5-string.
Sadwosky Metro RV5 - 2-piece alder sunburst body, maple neck, lovely light-coloured striped rosewood fingerboard.
Hipshot ultralite tuners, Sadowsky humcancelling single coils, 2-band preamp with Vintage Tone Control and preamp bypass.
In near mint condition, complete with paperwork, tools, and Sadowsky semi-hard fitted case.
Asking price is the same - £1100. I can post but it will be extra at cost.
A wicked all round bass that looks the part for any gig. I'm only selling because I've had an epiphany with an American Standard P-bass 5 and don't think I'm really a jazz bass man.

Please note that the bass will come with a new Sadowsky tortoiseshell pickguard, not the black one in the photos.

Cheers for looking and if you're interested send me a PM.
Mat

Edited by XB26354

Sure! Briefly, I've been searching for a fat-sounding bass with a bottom B. I've tried many basses but there has always been some kind of compromise - the bottom sounds great but the top end is too thin. I've been through most makes. The p-bass is totally passive and the pickup is not close to the bridge, with the result that the whole thing has got a rich, fat tone. The B-string also sounds just like the other 4-strings (a first for me with Fender!).

Anyway, back on topic, I'd only consider trades for a decent 6-string (ie not Ibanez, Yamaha, ESP etc.).

[quote name='XB26354' post='564446' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:49 PM']Sure! Briefly, I've been searching for a fat-sounding bass with a bottom B. I've tried many basses but there has always been some kind of compromise - the bottom sounds great but the top end is too thin. I've been through most makes. The p-bass is totally passive and the pickup is not close to the bridge, with the result that the whole thing has got a rich, fat tone. The B-string also sounds just like the other 4-strings (a first for me with Fender!).

Anyway, back on topic, I'd only consider trades for a decent 6-string (ie not Ibanez, Yamaha, ESP etc.).[/quote]
Cool. I'd like to try one of these new P Vs. Meanwhile, I do have a top-end 6-string if you're interested! Sale thread link in my sig.

[quote name='XB26354' post='564695' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:17 AM']Cheers! I've had some interesting trade offers but I'm only looking for a straight sale now as I have my eye on something else.
I can also post in the UK/EU and am based in North London if you're close enough to visit.[/quote]

PM'ed