Why become a member? ×

Precision Land

OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='621731' date='Oct 9 2009, 03:33 PM']The red 79's still available if you fancy paying a shop price :) Cardiff guitars has it. Its the "78" lipstick red one listed on here ..[/quote]

Wish I could mate, the arrival of a 62 RI Jazz has dried up funds for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh, What a month .

The red, white and Fender JV (I didn't mention that - special reserve :) ) have all gone off to good homes.
So now I just have the keepers.
Shuker P5 and MIJ P4 62RI, both in Jamerson sunburst, tort and rosewood...

If anyone woud like a nice Esh Various 4 I'd be sorted, well, until the Wood & Tronics Ergon P-type (but not shape) arrives sometime ... :rolleyes:

That will then get me to where I was planning to be :lol:

• 7 months later...

Hey P bass fans .. Have you seen Paul H's new "P Splat" t shirts?

[url="http://www.redbubble.com/people/robotrobotrobot/t-shirts/4061777-2-precision-bass-splat"]Link to Paul's T Shirt site[/url]

My current crop of P's include my Japanese modded 62Ri keeper (The Rat)
One Sid 70's style that's just sold and is off to Ireland and the current for sale group: two 57RI's, a "Standard" in sunburst and a 62 re-issue in Vintage White.
The Vintage white looks like a white bass that's done 300 gigs in Ronnie Scott's before the smoking ban. Fortunately it doesn't smell like it has :)

I msut say the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92026"]sunburst 57RI[/url] is getting more exercise than it should as I need to sell it but I can't put it down :rolleyes: .. Oh dear...

[quote name='henry norton' post='882781' date='Jul 1 2010, 10:29 AM']Despite being a Precision player for the past 20 years I'm liking your Wood & Tronics better than all your 'real' Precisions.[/quote]

I'll have to see if Paul H will do a Wood and Tronics Ergon splat tee for me :)
The seductive curves of the hot red Italian in the house :rolleyes:

I had a bit of a heart stopper at the last jam session I attended. One of the "grown up" bass players followed me and strapped on the jam bass (nice Japanese P Special) but didn't twig that the amp end jack on the lead was pulled out slightly to allow for silent plugging in.. Hence he thought the bass was faulty and swiftly swapped it for my W&T .. :lol:

It sounded fine but that was one of those moments ... I'll take The Rat next time (tonight) just in case :lol:

[quote name='chris_b' post='882819' date='Jul 1 2010, 11:14 AM']So how much do you want for it?[/quote]

Hummmmmmmm...

Might part with it for enough to get another one exactly the same built plus a JJB and change.. Say £5k?

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='OldGit' post='559739' date='Aug 3 2009, 10:27 PM']Found myself in an odd transient situation today so I thought I'd post a pic:

[attachment=30218:5Precisions.jpg]

Left to right:
- Fecker Pretender: Sunburst/Tort/Rosewood SX/Noname heavily modded by BassBunny. (Sold and off to James "Moos3h" tomorrow)
- Fender Japan 62 Re-issue Vintage White/Tort/Rosewood, non-export (Possibly for sale, one of the Japanese P basses has to go)
- Fender Japan 1980's '57 Re-Issue CAR/White/Maple non-export (Possibly for sale, one of the Japanese P basses has to go)
- Red/White/Rosewood USA 1979. The "Pass The Dutchie" bass :) (For sale in September, or now if you are dead keen)
- Sunburst/Tort/Rosewood Shuker Custom 5 string P (Not for sale! Never, ever, ever :lol: )[/quote]

Mmmm...Red one in the middle wins...because it has a Maple Fingerboard...Mmm Maple...
I jus been spending an entire evening with my P-bass...they are...INFECTIOUS!!!
I dunno...maybe it's maturing after playing for about 8 years but if you gave me a P-bass to play 5 years ago I would have started spewing such hot flames!
How DARE you give me this outdated, single pickup, woody wood wood walk the plank sounding, 20 fret bass!
What was my problem? I now LOOOOOVE My P-bass I put together from parts (DiMarzio Will Power equipped :rolleyes: ), I think all you guys who get to play music in a band using a P-bass are lucky...they are a one trick pony...but the one tone they get they do it so well and it seems to work in any style.
The power, the woody "meat and potatoes" sound, the girth and grit of the tone, especially when driven hard and using stupid wide bends, daring the string to break...I crave it!!!

My main bass is a Yamaha TRB6II which I adore and it works very well in my band and does all I need and then some. Yet despite this, my P-bass is on par in terms of favorite...there's a fair few £K in cost between them!

I'll post a pic of my P-bass on here tomorrow maybe, I feel it deserves as much, hopefully I've got one when it had it's maple on...It wasn't that great a neck and didn't survive the winter I'm afraid so it has a Squier rosewood one on for now...still plays nice but...there's a HUGE difference in tone since switching. Slight more Girth to the tone, but less snap if that makes sense? I think it sounded, played and looked better with maple...It's black finish and white pearloid scratch-plate...Excuse me, I do believe it still needs some playing.

[quote name='metaltime' post='621437' date='Oct 9 2009, 11:11 AM']Ive never liked P basses but this thread s giving my gas. I don't no whats the matter with me :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Give in...DO IT!!!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='886852' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:28 PM']Mmmm...Red one in the middle wins...because it has a Maple Fingerboard...Mmm Maple...
I jus been spending an entire evening with my P-bass...they are...INFECTIOUS!!!
I dunno...maybe it's maturing after playing for about 8 years but if you gave me a P-bass to play 5 years ago I would have started spewing such hot flames!
How DARE you give me this outdated, single pickup, woody wood wood walk the plank sounding, 20 fret bass!
What was my problem? I now LOOOOOVE My P-bass I put together from parts (DiMarzio Will Power equipped :) ), I think all you guys who get to play music in a band using a P-bass are lucky...they are a one trick pony...but the one tone they get they do it so well and it seems to work in any style.
The power, the woody "meat and potatoes" sound, the girth and grit of the tone, especially when driven hard and using stupid wide bends, daring the string to break...I crave it!!!

My main bass is a Yamaha TRB6II which I adore and it works very well in my band and does all I need and then some. Yet despite this, my P-bass is on par in terms of favorite...there's a fair few £K in cost between them!

I'll post a pic of my P-bass on here tomorrow maybe, I feel it deserves as much, hopefully I've got one when it had it's maple on...It wasn't that great a neck and didn't survive the winter I'm afraid so it has a Squier rosewood one on for now...still plays nice but...there's a HUGE difference in tone since switching. Slight more Girth to the tone, but less snap if that makes sense? I think it sounded, played and looked better with maple...It's black finish and white pearloid scratch-plate...Excuse me, I do believe it still needs some playing.

Give in...DO IT!!![/quote]

Ha ha Well that picture was a looooooong time ago

Still have my Shuker 5 string Precision, of course, but my Wood n Tronics Ergon PJ now covers the posh four string department and a Japanese modded 62RI is the jam bass.

I have a bunch of P's for sale, of course, including a fabbo 57 in Black with a Maple neck, Kongo :rolleyes:

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='886862' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:35 PM']Ha ha Well that picture was a looooooong time ago

Still have my Shuker 5 string Precision, of course, but my Wood n Tronics Ergon PJ now covers the posh four string department and a Japanese modded 62RI is the jam bass.

I have a bunch of P's for sale, of course, including a fabbo 57 in Black with a Maple neck, Kongo :)[/quote]

Oh so it was, I do apologise I didn't realise hehe...I jus saw some nice P-basses and it sent me off on one.
Mmmm black with Maple...such a quality, if simple combo.
Now is not the time to tempt me with sales when I'm saving to go Spain, but thanks for GASsin me up. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Kongo' post='886881' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:47 PM']Oh so it was, I do apologise I didn't realise hehe...I jus saw some nice P-basses and it sent me off on one.
Mmmm black with Maple...such a quality, if simple combo.
Now is not the time to tempt me with sales when I'm saving to go Spain, but thanks for GASsin me up. :)[/quote]

Don't look here then ... :rolleyes:
[attachment=53664:IMG_6868.JPG]

[quote name='OldGit' post='886891' date='Jul 6 2010, 12:01 AM']Don't look here then ... :)
[attachment=53664:IMG_6868.JPG][/quote]

:-O

...Trilogy...Is that you? *shakes head to wake up*...no...a dream...damn, before scratch-plate change, knobs etc that's exactly how she looked...with the maple on that is...
Cept, this one being an Actual Fender would have more weight to the body giving it that solid anchor I love, but mine misses (the body is a Squier).
OMG! That maple has such NICE GRAIN!!!

But see I don't get it...technically it's an old, flawed, lacking options, simple design...yet I love it!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='886899' date='Jul 6 2010, 12:07 AM']:-O

...Trilogy...Is that you? *shakes head to wake up*...no...a dream...damn, before scratch-plate change, knobs etc that's exactly how she looked...with the maple on that is...
Cept, this one being an Actual Fender would have more weight to the body giving it that solid anchor I love, but mine misses (the body is a Squier).
OMG! That maple has such NICE GRAIN!!!

But see I don't get it...technically it's an old, flawed, lacking options, simple design...yet I love it![/quote]

Yup

He got it "Right Second Time" ..

I'll not tell you the spcs of that one. You'll only get upset :)