Why become a member? ×

FS Fender Precision 1977/78 natural ash/maple

lapolpora

Hi People,

I've had some lovely trade offers but no cash buyers yet. Price drop to £870. I'll leave it up here for a while longer but will have to put it on Ebay in the next week or so. So come on - you know you want to :rolleyes:

I've reluctantly decided to sell this lovely Fender P. Great bass with a fantastic and powerful tone but I'm just not finding opportunities to play it.

It's in natural ash and in very good condition bearing in mind its age. Weight - she's a heavy girl at 11.5 pounds. I'd describe its cosmetic condition as 8.5/10. There are light surface scratches on the body, a couple of minor dings on the neck and a small amount of lacquer wear on the edges of the fretboard. I've taken pics of all of these. The dings in the neck are small - I can feel them, but I'm not conscious of them when playing. The tone pot sits at a slight angle - this is because the pickguard beneath it is slightly distorted. I considered replacing the pickguard but was advised by my set-up tech against tampering with it's original spec.

The only non-original bits on the bass are the bridge cover and pickup cover screws, and the pair of adjustment screws on the G bridge saddle have been replaced. It comes with the Fender case in the pics which is in good condition.

Price - [s]£900[/s] £870. Courier possible but pickup preferred. I'm located in South London.

Loads of pics:

EDIT: A Basschatter has asked to see pics of the pots and asked questions about fretwear - I've added a few pictures of these.

ANOTHER EDIT: PauBass has contacted me to say that the tone pot is a replacement. The numbers give it away apparently. He also reckoned that the replacement pot would probably make little difference if any at all from the original tone of the bass. Whether it does or not - the bass sounds terrific. Thanks to PauBass for the info and I wanted to add it here.

The sale of the bass to three potential buyers has fallen through this week. How's that for luck :) If you're thinking about it - don't wait too long! I have also been offered some rather nice trades. I'm looking for a sale really but I will listen to trade offers. I am rather picky though as I've got all I really need, and bringing home another bass will land me in a whole heap of s*$t wiv 'er indoors. :lol:

Edited by lapolpora

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='561970' date='Aug 6 2009, 01:53 PM']Have you taken this to Vintage and Rare guitars (Denmark Street) to be valued? I reckon it's worth more than £900. I'd love to own this bass. Good luck with the sale mate, you've got a piece of history right there.[/quote]

!!!!!!!! you will have a piece of history until it hits Denmark st, then they'll just totally demoralize you and you'll be on the tube home with no bass and £450 quid :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DBMAN' post='586707' date='Sep 1 2009, 05:51 PM']Hi!
Do you ship to France?[/quote]
Hi,

I think I can ship the bass to France for about £35 - with tracking but uninsured. The shipping cost is pretty reasonable as I can book it via www.parcel2go.com. I can pack it in its case and in a cardboard outer box padded with packing material.

Let me know if you're interested.

Derrick

[quote name='lapolpora' post='586842' date='Sep 1 2009, 08:17 PM']Hi,

I think I can ship the bass to France for about £35 - with tracking but uninsured. The shipping cost is pretty reasonable as I can book it via www.parcel2go.com. I can pack it in its case and in a cardboard outer box padded with packing material.

Let me know if you're interested.

Derrick[/quote]

You may want to read the Couriers thread :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36625"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36625[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='591915' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:05 AM']You may want to read the Couriers thread :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36625"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36625[/url][/quote]
Thanks Old Git. Some useful info there, though no real surprises (you get what you pay for and all that).

Personally I've found Parcel2Go to be OK. Whenever I've had a problem with them (twice - both missed collections) it's been when I've booked DHL. Unfortunately they don't seem to act as agents for UPS anymore.