Why become a member? ×

Antoniotsai 4 string

parker_muse

You've all probably seen these on ebay with ridiculous inlays etc but this is a clean one. It's an Antoniotsai 4 string and it's absolutely stunning. Through Neck, i think it's a birdseye maple cap, active 3eq electronics. Powerful electronics actually, you can get a really strong variety of tones out of it. Needs a little set up, a little bit of fret buzz on the A. Haven't gigged this, and aquired it off this site. It's very playable and always gains very positive attention when it's played!

I fancy a change, i play my MM all the time for gigs and recording now, so this is rather surplus to requirements. I'm open to trades on anything, another bass, an amp or a multi-effect. Though if cash i'm looking for about £150 which is half the price it was on ebay!

Enjoy!

Parker

Edited by parker_muse

Without wishing to sound stupid, it sounds what you want it to! The bass on the EQ is VERY powerful, so you can get some real thump but you can dial in some good highs, it sounds as good as you can make it really by playing with the EQ and getting what you want.

I hope that helps, it was quite a bad answer!

I've got the 5-string version of this which I need to set up properly - still got the original strings on which aren't my ideal weight. I use another Tsai 5-string (with lots of inlay!) as my main gigging bass. Sound is best described as uncoloured or transparent - what the string does just gets amplified and sent out, which is precisely what I want a pickup and preamp to do.