Why become a member? ×

iStroboSoft Application for the iPhone

99ster

Ah, thats quite an embarrassing oversite.... Okay so that way then i can tune the bass, but cannot intonate it as its still rubbish on the B and E on the fretted 12th. Just downloaded the Polytune tuner, works perfectly with no detection problems, istrobosoft cable works great with that tuner too. Doubt il bother even trying with this app again now.

[quote name='Kev' post='856504' date='Jun 3 2010, 08:18 PM']Yeah i am doing it exactly how i should i think, volume on bass at about 1/2 with eq off, set at 440hz +0 C, noise filter and input boost activated, either coming straight from my bass or from my mixer, and its just hopeless on the B and E, and as i said can't really detect the other open strings. Its fine for tuning at the 12th, particulary harmonic, but thats no good as i know my intonation isn't perfect.[/quote]

Im not sure why you would turn down your bass and activate the input boost. sort of defeats the object IMHO. Hows the input level meter looking? Maybe its a bit too sensitive for your bass. I find too low or too high and it can take a bit longer to lock on the note.

I guess its just not for you. like i say, no real problems here with my old passive 5 string, active Ray34 and Duck Dunn. Plus my guitarist has used it a few times without issues.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='863140' date='Jun 10 2010, 12:07 PM']I haven't tried the Peterson one but I have the TC one & also Guitar Toolkit (which cost £5.99) & prefer the GT.[/quote]

The reason i prefer the Peterson is the display is really big. Its very easy to see the indicators moving from a distance as the display uses almost all the screen.
Then again, i only tune up once per gig so its not something i really use a lot

Edited by dave_bass5

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Kev, I bought the Peterson cable but it still fails to recognise the low B and registers it as F#. Most of the time it struggles to recognise the open E. I've tried using the flat of my thumb as well as a pick and adjusted the output of my bass (Groove Tools Seven-String) without success. I've been using a Peterson VS 11 for some years and it's excellent but the iPhone software is very disappointing so far.

• 1 month later...