Why become a member? ×

MTD, Mesa, Pedals Galore, it's all here....

I am not excane

[quote name='ben604' post='549761' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:28 AM']What a great setup! Excuse my ignorance, but what's the Black bass in the pic above the pedal board?[/quote]

The black and flamed are heavily modified Hagstroms. These models were introduced last year and everyone seemed to brush over them. The playability is excellent. I gutted the PU's and electronics on the black and put in a Bart pre and Basslines PU's. I'm currently in the works on the flamed (adding a third PU)

The flamed one on the right (as you see it now) is how it comes stock.

Edited by I am not excane

[quote name='Toasted' post='549764' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:30 AM']That Blue 535 is one of my favourite basses. I didn't know you owned it.[/quote]

Thank you. Well, I'm not the only one with a 535 with those specs :)

I will say, that particular combination of poplar and wenge gives one of the nastiest, most awesome slap sounds you've ever heard.

[quote name='Toasted' post='550101' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:55 AM']It looks to me like a tarted up Yamaha RBX. I could be hugely wrong.[/quote]

It started life as an Aria Pro II.

It was a project I messed around with around 10 years ago, adding those carvings, electronics, and paintjob.

Edited by I am not excane

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='550936' date='Jul 25 2009, 05:26 AM']Great set-up! Are those Bill Lawrence pick ups in the flame-top?[/quote]

If you're referring to the flamed Hagstrom (next to the black one) then, no. Those are Hagstrom's proprietary PU's for those basses. They call them "H rails", they're passive and mediocre sounding.

All of the other PU's (in my MTD's and Elrick) are Bartolini.

[quote name='I am not excane' post='551484' date='Jul 25 2009, 11:24 PM']If you're referring to the flamed Hagstrom (next to the black one) then, no. Those are Hagstrom's proprietary PU's for those basses. They call them "H rails", they're passive and mediocre sounding.

All of the other PU's (in my MTD's and Elrick) are Bartolini.[/quote]
Ok, thanks..only they look like a Bill Lawrence designed PU that I had in a 1984 BC Rich eagle some years ago and that sounded superb!

• 10 months later...

[quote name='I am not excane' post='874071' date='Jun 22 2010, 02:53 AM']Thought I would share with you my current quad of MTD's.... enjoy :)

[/quote]
You are very lucky my friend, I'mmreally GASing for an MTD and have about 1/3 of the money ready...soon enough I will get one of those amazing instruments!

[quote name='JackLondon' post='880316' date='Jun 28 2010, 03:45 PM']You are very lucky my friend, I'mmreally GASing for an MTD and have about 1/3 of the money ready...soon enough I will get one of those amazing instruments![/quote]

Thank you.
I had to work and save up the same way, but trust me.... you will be holding the finest bass you've ever owned once you get one.