Why become a member? ×

Trace V8 on evilbay

SS73

Feel like I'm stating the obvious here, for sure you guys have seen it? or were you perhaps hoping to snap it up for good price? well I was, but I looked this morning and its already up to £2k with 8 days to go!!!!!!!!!!. Could never understand why people bid so early.
Its a very late one 401 4th quarter of 2001 and has the oval plate, very little info, think the seller knows its going to sell.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRACE-ELLIOT-V-TYPE-V8-HEAD-CABINETS_W0QQitemZ190322941719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item2c50219f17&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRACE-ELLIOT-V-TYPE-...%3A1%7C294%3A50[/url]

Hmmm, bid history shows ''bidder id hidden/ private auction'' so who knows.
If, as many would be totally into this auction, super rare and has the cabs etc, one would bid in the last 1/2 hour and just be a watcher till the fall. Ebay is such a Good/Bad place for super rare stuff so either way.

I think that if the person that had put his bid in from the start at 2k, and has had it exposed/extracted so soon as this would be pretty funked off by the whole thing, but as another has appeared on ebay, I would sit back now and let the sellers stew maybe not even bid again and contact the sellers after. I could be completely wrong though and they both sell for over 2k....

Hmmm, seems things have changed :) , on the english listing anyway. Can anyone explain how this can happen, has the top bidder retracted his bid, but the underbidder must also do the same to get the bids down this low?, unless as I thought it had been the seller bidding up.

[quote name='SS73' post='551854' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:07 PM']Hmmm, seems things have changed :) , on the english listing anyway. Can anyone explain how this can happen, has the top bidder retracted his bid, but the underbidder must also do the same to get the bids down this low?, unless as I thought it had been the seller bidding up.[/quote]

The bidder has baught mine :lol: he got confused between the one on ebay and mine on the V8 site, so emailed me thinking i was the ebay guy. It was all cleared up in the end and he decided to buy mine for £1900 :rolleyes: and retracted is bid on ebay. Im guessing the seller has a friend bidding up the auction for it to drop that low as when the guy who bought mine withdrew his bids hence dropping it so low. Thats why i never trust hidden bids :/

Ah well just thought id fill in the blanks, i think the V8 is a great head but to me it isnt worth £1900 hence my withdrawal from the club im afraid