Why become a member? ×

GONE Pending..

bubinga5

Ive been thinking hard about this cause this bass is awsome..But because of the amazing Sei, and my SR5, ive been thinking about trading this up....
You know the score..... Lakland 55-01 deluxe ,from platypus for £550.00........ amazing Nordstrand pickups, dito Glockenglang preamp, Hipshot tuners.....Ive changed the control knobs for a lighter set..you wouldnt believe how much weight it takes off..i will include the originals if wanted..

This is smokin tone wise!!!!..seriously, One of the best if played, hopefully platypuss will back me up on this......I sometimes jam with a chap from a church who plays a Ken Smith and he loves the tone of this bass through his Eden....Loads of options from the EQ..and just about the best active slap tone ive heard.....,

Although it looks mint in the pics, its not perfect..hard to see in the pics...Dont get me wrong its still pretty good nick....There is swirling in the finish, and there are finger marks from the 12th to the 19th fret..its had some solos played on it this one.......But i like that for some reason? But generaly its in great nick...I have cleaned and polished it vey well...so its a used bass in very good nick...

Trade wise im a bit stuck..This bass is not worth a fortune but it sounds amazing, you wont get a bass for this money that sounds this good.....im not sure active wise, anything could touch it (i could be wrong)..so im thinking passive....

trade wise, maybe a erm......Sukop..he he, seriously, maybe a unlined fretless Jazz (im wishing) ...Moon jazz, Lakland J0,..I realise that some of the basses ive mentioned are maybe worth a little more than this bass, so a small cash adustment will be made...

I would also consider trading for Rack equipment pre amp's etc

I would say this bass has got the tone of a bass 3 times the price, but i know i cant expect too much more than what its worth..

Anyway show me what you got....As ive said this bass tone wise is very very good, up there with USA stuff..<<<end of sales pitch>>>

I may add(i know this annoys some), but im not sure of this because i love this bass, but show me what you got..thankyou..
All the best...B

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='BassBunny' post='543849' date='Jul 18 2009, 10:41 AM']Aw, come on B. sell the Ostinato and do the deal on the Bacchus. You know you want to..... :)[/quote]
Ha ha... BB if i could i would..The Ostinato is a hard sell! Difficult to sell a bass with no pedigree!

i have gas for a erm...Ken Smith BSR5....a couple of basses going soon!

Edited by bubinga5

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bubinga5' post='555307' date='Jul 29 2009, 04:47 PM']This bass is up for trade again due to a great guys unforseen GASSS!! :)[/quote]
Didn't expect that but the Bacchus is still FS or trade. :rolleyes:

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='bubinga5' post='555307' date='Jul 29 2009, 04:47 PM']This bass is up for trade again due to a great guys unforseen GASSS!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I do apologise again Andrew.

But I can't say no to a Ken Smith :).

[quote name='Etienne' post='555462' date='Jul 29 2009, 07:11 PM']That is a seriously nice instrument! Are those Big Splits or Fat Stacks in there?[/quote]

It's a Fatstack at the bridge and Big Single at the neck - used to be mine, very good bass it is too