Why become a member? ×

Eden Nemesis NA650 head For Sale ***SOLD****

Hi Folks

I'm upgrading my rig so need to move on some of my equipment that has served me very well over the last year or so, starting with this [b]Eden Nemesis NA650[/b] head, which I'm asking [b]£300 + p&p[/b] for. I paid about £320 for the head last year and £20 for the SKB case IIRC, so I think the price I'm asking is reasonable given the current economic climate.

I bought it last year here on Basschat and it's been [b]brilliant[/b] for the kind of gigs I do, which are pubs, clubs, weddings etc.. So much so, that I now intend to upgrade my rig to an Eden Metro. The [b]NA 650[/b] is very punchy and warm sounding, which might sound like a contradiction but it's not, and the [b]tonal flexibilit[/b]y is fantastic, as it is with all Eden amps. There's 3-band e.q, semi-parametric eq, a very good D.I, tube emulation circuit, compressor, fx loops, mute switch etc, etc.. You name it; it has it and does it!!

Here's some photos, including a stock photo which shows the front & rear panels very clearly..

[attachment=28937:yhst_784...84137338.jpg] [attachment=28938:Jul_09_071.jpg] [attachment=28939:Jul_09_061.jpg]

And it's nice and loud: 275 Watts @ 8 Ohms, 440 Watts @ 4 Ohms, 650 Watts @ 2 Ohms.. One of the great features of this amp IMO is that it will run down to 2 ohms, which means you don't always have to buy 8 ohm cabs!! Anyway, here's the blurb and spec:

"The flagship of the Nemesis line. The NA650 is 2 spaces high and 17" wide by 11" deep. It features a unique preamp design and an all FET output stage with 650W RMS at 2 ohms. This unit has Enhance, Edge, and Gain boost controls; selectable DI pre/post, front-panel DI level control, as well as a smooth, solid FET sound with plenty of power to drive multiple speaker cabinets.

Nemesis NA650 Bass Head Specifications:

* Power: 650W RMS@ 2 ohms
* Distortion: <.1%
* Frequency Response: 10Hz - 18kHz
* Headroom: 3dB
* Dimensions: 17"W x 3-1/2"H x 11"D
* Weight: 28 lbs.

Nemesis NA650 Bass Head Features:

* 650W RMS @ 2 ohms
* Unique preamp design
* FET output stage
* Semi-parametric EQ with Enhance, Gain Boost, and Edge controls
* Selectable pre/post DI with front-panel level control
* Pre-EQ effects loop"

[attachment=28940:Jul_09_074.jpg] [attachment=28941:Jul_09_077.jpg] [attachment=28942:Jul_09_075.jpg]

There's some interesting user reviews and comments here: [url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12260"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/forum/topi...?TOPIC_ID=12260[/url]

And it might be worth reading this recent Basschat thread about the NA650 [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52284"]HERE[/url] which covers quite a bit of detail about these amps, including the [b]low-level hum[/b] that they produce which is an inherent design fault apparently. When I got mine, I had it [b]thoroughly serviced [/b]and checked over to see what was causing the hum, but my amp tech couldn't eliminate it. Having said all that, when you're using the amp in anger, you can't hear the hum at all!

There's no reviews that I can find on Harmony Central for this amp but have a look at bassist Bill Clement here on YouTube, who uses the NA650 - the guy is amazing!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_PFH--rXo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX_PFH--rXo[/url]

My reason for selling is simply to upgrade, hopefully to an all Eden rig as I said above, but otherwise, I'd be very happy to continue using this amp with my SWR cabs because it sounds bloody good! It's in pretty good condition and [b]works perfectly[/b], though the SKB case is a little tatty but perfectly functional!

When I bought it originally, I had it couriered via APC which cost me [b]£15[/b] at the time and I would be happy to ship this in a similar fashion for anyone who is interested but not within easy reach of here..here being [b]Littlehampton[/b] in [b]West Sussex[/b] by the way. For anyone else who's interested and nearby, then you'd be [b]very welcome[/b] to come here, have a cuppa and a chat and [b]listen to it in action[/b]!

Any questions, feel free to PM me or ask away here.. Thanks for looking.

Nik

[attachment=28943:Jul_09_066.jpg] [attachment=28944:Jul_09_062.jpg]

Edited by silverfoxnik

Bargainous! And Nik is an absolute gent too.

I've always hankered after one of these ever since owning an NA320 for a short while and stupidly selling it before I prperly got to grips with it. Hmmm. Stop it.

[quote name='Merton' post='541200' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:38 PM']Bargainous! And Nik is an absolute gent too.

I've always hankered after one of these ever since owning an NA320 for a short while and stupidly selling it before I prperly got to grips with it. Hmmm. Stop it.[/quote]

Thanks Mert!

Much as you are one of BC's finest and I want to sell this amp asap, I think the key words in your post were 'stop it'! :)

Now, repeat after me: "I am very happy with my existing rig", "I am very happy with my existing rig", "I am very happy with my existing rig" etc, etc..

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='541235' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:56 PM']Now, repeat after me: "I am very happy with my existing rig", "I am very happy with my existing rig", "I am very happy with my existing rig" etc, etc..

Nik[/quote]
But the Nemesis ahs a big blue light on the front!

Ahem. Sorry. I do love my LH500 so I shall stop being a plum now.

I heard the nemesis head running into one of my eden cabs and it sounded pretty darn good.Nik is a joy to deal with, so all you potential buyers can purchase with confidence.Prices are ultra reasonable!!!

[quote name='Merton' post='541742' date='Jul 15 2009, 10:30 PM']Ahem. Sorry. I do love my LH500 so I shall stop being a plum now.[/quote]

:)

[quote name='jhk' post='541749' date='Jul 15 2009, 10:34 PM']I heard the nemesis head running into one of my eden cabs and it sounded pretty darn good.Nik is a joy to deal with, so all you potential buyers can purchase with confidence.Prices are ultra reasonable!!![/quote]

Cheers Jon! Appreciate the support....

Now on Ebay:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150360091980"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150360091980[/url]

I've listed it at a slightly higher BIN price and without the 2U case, but this offer of £300 inc the SKB case still stands to any Basschatters interested...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='545945' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:14 AM']how would it sound in a metal band? i'm looking for something fairly punchy/growly, or is it sort of neutral sounding like a markbass?[/quote]
That's a good question!

Being a sad old git, I'm not in a metal band but we do Jump by Van Halen, a Killers track and a Hendrix track and the amp always sounds very punchy - though it depends on the type of bass you use as well.. But this amp has good definition and flexibility with mid frequencies, and you can dial in some valve emulation as well.. so should be fine..

Hope that helps!

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='548787' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:13 PM']Does this sound like a proper Eden head?[/quote]
That's a good question and a difficult one to answer..

The Nemesis e.q architecture (to borrow their very highbrow phrase) is very similar to all Eden heads, though there are 2 distinct differences IMO:

1) the NA650 is a solid state amp so it uses a solid state bit of trickery to emulate the valve pre-amp design / sound that lots of the other World Touring series Eden heads have. It does it well - a bit like Gallien Krueger's 'boost and G.I.V.E. technology - but it is definitely not a 'valve' sound.
2) the semi-parametric e.q. on the NA650 is good but nowhere near as flexible as the World Touring series Eden heads

Hope that helps to answer your question in part but come back to me if not!

[quote name='Mr.T' post='548991' date='Jul 23 2009, 03:01 PM']Having owned a WT series Eden, and now an RS700 Nemesis...

I would describe the 'flat' (no eq) sound to be quite similar, i.e clean, clear and slightly scooped.[/quote]
Thanks; that's a real help... good to have a direct comparison made etc, etc..

Edited by silverfoxnik