Why become a member? ×

SOLD

carlsim

Price drop from £700 to £600!!!

Willing to listen to offers on this - looking for around the low £600 range but will look at any offers within reason!!

Hi everyone... im putting out the feelers in that im interested in selling my MarkBass CMD 102P Bass combo...

Excellent little package, loud enough, lightweight, wedge-able (kickback style) and looks great with the orange and black styling...
This is the version 1 model and i paid £850 from my local music shop about 2 months ago...

to be honest, i had an EBS rig before this and i downsized to a small combo - so i purchased this blind on a recommendation. I wasnt dissapointed in anyway, punchy, loud, and you can get that great rock sound using the filters... its just that i prefer the cleaner funkier sound of EBS...

i dont want to make too big a loss on this - i can carry on using this and will be perfectly happy, but if the right deal comes along then im interested.

Am looking for around the low £600 range for this beauty... as i say, its pretty much as new - still have the inspection label attached!

Will look at trades... only interested in small, lightweight powerful combos similar to the markbass... EBS, GenzBenz etc etc...

Get in contact - look forward to hearing from you!

i have attached a stock photo - mine aint no different, as new etc, and you can find more info here: [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/cmd-102p/11978"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/cmd-102p/11978[/url]
and check out GAK's price!!

Edited by carlsim

Hi,

I could be interested in this, as an ageing player I am looking to move to a lighter weight option!

I currently play in a covers band with a guitarist and (loud) drummer. Most of our gigs our in pubs though and my current set up is an Ashdown 180 EB driving two x 15 inch cabs.

What sort of band are you in, do you find the Markbass combo is loud and punchy enough?

Alan.

These things are very loud and fine sounding. If your used to two 15 inch speakers though, you might miss the bottom end.... especially if you play loud!
Still worth buying though, especially cos if you add a 2nd markbass cab (pretty much any one of em!) you suddenly have a lighweight rig from hell that will dominate loud drum kits at half volume.

[quote name='alant' post='541567' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:37 PM']Hi,

I could be interested in this, as an ageing player I am looking to move to a lighter weight option!

I currently play in a covers band with a guitarist and (loud) drummer. Most of our gigs our in pubs though and my current set up is an Ashdown 180 EB driving two x 15 inch cabs.

What sort of band are you in, do you find the Markbass combo is loud and punchy enough?

Alan.[/quote]

its a great combo (see my sig) at a great price but id still want a 115 or another 210 underneath it for live use.

Edited by Spartacus

Hi Alan... thanks for your enquiry!

My main current gig is with a function band, ranging from a 5 to 9 piece with guitar and 3 brass... our drummer can be loud when he wants to be and to date i have not had any problems with getting the volume i need...

We do DI and i wedge the combo back to use as foldback, but i often hear in smaller venues that the sound guy has taken the bass out of the PA because these combos carry... they seem to be able to fill venues easily!

Inregards to adding another cab... i havent done so as the combo met my needs, but from what people have said, adding one really creates the rig of doom!

I play 5 string and havent had any issues with getting enough bottom end, even with the 2 x 10's... and i rarely see the master past 9 or 10 o clock - loads of power there...

I do really like this combo, and im happy to stay with it, its just i had an EBS rig for 3 years and LOVED the sound... but couldnt cope with 2 cabs and a head - this is a great solution, but as i tend to want that funkier middy kind of sound which EBS is superb for, the MarkBass loses on this front - but for soul / rock and more vintage sounds - the Mark Bass kicks ass! This is merely my opinion and dont wanna turn this thread into an EBS / MarkBass discussion!!

Anyway... hope this helps. Im confident whoever it goes to, it will make a happy buyer.

[quote name='alant' post='541567' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:37 PM']Hi,

Alan.[/quote]

hi carl.

if the markbass 2x10 combo is still up for sale, i am interesed. i have a wanted add for one on here, and £600 was about in my price range, so as long as we can arrange how to get it or send it to me(and get the money to you etc)and if it's still on the market, you have a deal.

i am based in hornchurch in essex, but dont mind travelling a reasonable distance. my email is [email protected]...
hope to hear from you soon...all the best,

phil.

Edited by philfz6