Why become a member? ×

feeler: musicman SUB bass ***SOLD***

budget bassist

I'm thinking of selling my musicman SUB bass in red, sounds almost identical to a stingray with the same pickup and electronics and plays really nicely, if you want a stingray on a budget, this is really the bass for you. There are some dings on the headstock, one small scrape on the back of the neck and a small ding on the front of the bass and a couple of small scratches on the bottom of the bass near the strap button, (sounds a lot but more than a foot away you can't even see them really) other than that it's in great condition. I also swapped the tasteless metal pickguard for a black one, but i'll include both and a padded tribal planet gig bag.

I don't play this bass at all anymore, it's all about my warwick, so i'm thinking of getting rid of this to fund a new amp, something along the lines of a cheaper ampeg head or an ashdown ABM, so feel free to offer me your trades. Although this is only a feeler as i still like the bass and it has some sentimental value, i'm pretty firm on the [b]price of £360 + postage[/b], so please, no low-balling.

There are some pics in [url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/metallica_rock/musicman/"]this[/url] photobucket album, the darkish ones are from the other day, trying to show off the small flaws i mentioned.

Here's a photo to get you going

Edited by budget bassist

Dude I can hardly believe you're gonna do this. It was quite a wrench when I sold mine, although replacing her with a 'ray straight away eased the pain somewhat. :)
If you're looking for a good ABM check out [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54479"]this[/url] - seriously, you won't get anything like it for that price. :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'm still not sure, it's a lovely bass but it just doesn't get played and i could do with a new amp.
And cheers for the offer, but i'm looking for a stack ideally so i can keep one cab at home and one at our practice rooms and transport the head between, though that is quite a steal!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='540906' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:01 AM']Yeah, i'm still not sure, it's a lovely bass but it just doesn't get played and i could do with a new amp.
And cheers for the offer, but i'm looking for a stack ideally so i can keep one cab at home and one at our practice rooms and transport the head between, though that is quite a steal![/quote]
No worries. It's definitely a gigging rig anyway - not for practice.

edit for sp

Edited by Ou7shined

[quote name='budget bassist' post='541189' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:30 PM']i'm still not totally sure... i might just wait and save some cash up... It's a shame it's not getting used though.[/quote]
Ah the cold light of day. :)

You'd have to hang up your hat in the EB forums and everything. Nah.