Why become a member? ×

Marleaux

sdgrsr400

I very nearly bought one before I ordered my Overwater. A friend of mine had (but sold it) a second hand Marleaux, although I couldn't tell you what model it was. It was the first Boutique bass I ever played and I was blown away. That same person sold it to buy an Overwater.

I believe Overwater used to distribute Marleaux basses some time ago as well so they had time to get to know that range, and like any smart company prob took a few ideas and re-worked them into the beauties they make today. The quality was comparable the Overwater my mate replaced the Marleaux with, but I think I'd rather have the Overwater Perception.

Edit... just spoke to him... It was a Constat Custom Thru-Neck.

Edited by pantherairsoft

I nearly bought a Marleaux Consat fretless at Bassday 2006. Wonderful playing and sounding bass and nearly everything I was looking for in a fretless. In the end I decided that it wasn't quite 100% what I wanted (luckily because when I got home I discovered that my CC had expired and I hadn't put the new one in my wallet -how embarrassing would that have been!) and I ended up ordering a Sei instead.

Hi - I've got a Consat Std 4 String . I had a lot of problems with it when I bought it . Neck dished through overtightening of truss rod (original set up was too low ,and lots of fret buzz) at the shop . Re-set up ,and dished again . Left it (very P*** off by then) for 4 months . Had it set up again, zero fret was filed right down ,and after week of fettling ,the neck was relatively straight (minor dishing on neck on E String side around 2nd -4th fret -which I can cope with) . When I went to pick it up,it was described as the bass from hell to set up.
The circuit board on mine is not attached to anything ,and has a piece of foam to protect from the pots.Very cheap for a £1K bass.

Despite the above ,I really like the bass. Great range of tones ,and ideal bass for funk,fusion,jazz funk-fusion.