Why become a member? ×

Marcus and Sanborn

Pete Academy

[quote name='Golchen' post='537038' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:24 AM']But I'm a big fan of the music they play together.[/quote]

I am as well.
And i am not a kiddy fiddler with permed hair,
before anyone starts lobbing their grenades this way..... :)

Garry

I haven't heard anything about a Marcus and Sanborn touring together. I know that Sanborn is on tour at the minute-I think he was in London
last week-and Marcus is on the SMV tour,so i'm pretty sure they aren't together.

[quote name='Doddy' post='537288' date='Jul 10 2009, 04:01 PM']I haven't heard anything about a Marcus and Sanborn touring together. I know that Sanborn is on tour at the minute-I think he was in London
last week-and Marcus is on the SMV tour,so i'm pretty sure they aren't together.[/quote]

It might not be until January, or so I heard.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='537027' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:07 AM']Anyone heard anything about David Sanborn coming over at some point with Marcus? Also heard Sanborn was at death's door with pneumonia.[/quote]

Sanborn played in London last week and according to the Guardian it was a kick ass gig;

[url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/05/david-sanborn-barbican-jazz-review"]http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jul/0...can-jazz-review[/url]

[b]Marcus Miller is playing at the London Jazz Festival with a set recreating his great album with Miles Davis 'Tutu' in November ths year[/b]

Mike