Why become a member? ×

Tokai or Epiphone Thunderbird

beerdragon

[quote name='beerdragon' post='537601' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:08 PM']what turned out to be sort of a joke is not funny, the seller refused to send anywhere but my address. Saying he;s got got more protection as a seller and if anything goes wrong then he's not covered through paypal. . Fairynuff.[/quote]
Yeah that's pretty common.

What you need to do is arrange a named day for delivery with the seller, and make it one when the missus isn't in. After delivery you take it (and all packaging) out to the car and transport it to your safe place. :)

Edited by Eight

[quote name='Eight' post='537777' date='Jul 11 2009, 11:05 AM']Yeah that's pretty common.

What you need to do is arrange a named day for delivery with the seller, and make it one when the missus isn't in. After delivery you take it (and all packaging) out to the car and transport it to your safe place. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Sounds like your speaking from experience. :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='537938' date='Jul 11 2009, 03:39 PM']Sounds like your speaking from experience. :rolleyes:[/quote]
:) Happy memories... lol

Attention to detail is the way to get away with things. If you leave even so much as a scrap of parcel tape in the house, she'll find it.

I hope she doesn't know your forum username btw. :lol:

There was a lovely arctic white limited edition Epi on eBay, ended Saturday night. My heart said "Bid, bid bid", head said "you're too old to run around the stage with one of those, you're not on crack and you don't do Kings of Leon or Marilyn Manson covers." Head won. It went for £265, which is pretty cheap for those.

[quote name='KevB' post='537170' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:59 PM']Also, if you are not in a great hurry, a few people may change up from their std Epi's to the Epi Pro leading to a glut of std Epi's on eBay at knock down prices. Last time Pete Way toured with UFO he was using Epi T birds rather than Gibson and it sounded fine, I doubt they were modded.[/quote]

pete's Epiphone wasnt modded...but for the last 18months hes used MY gold Tokai...ive recently got it back and its for sale if anyones interested...?

Forget them both, go for an Orville or a Greco Thunderbird. I used to own an Orville Thunderbird (which was really Gibson Japan) and it was great. Identical to a Gibson without the QC issues or the price tag (I got mine for £360). It had all chrome hardware and Gibson pickups. It had a jazz type neck but with the manditory neck-dive. Sold it for a hell of a lot more than I bought it for too. I have some pics of it somewhere...