Why become a member? ×

Shuker Bolt On 5 string

OldGit

Yeee ha! My Nordstrand DC5 Pickups have arrived..
After hearing about the long wait for Jon's other Nordstrand powered bass builds I was rather glad to be getting mine from Enrico at www.WTBasses.net in Italy.

I'm having the new chrome/silver Shuker signature on the headstock. It will look fabbo against the capping wood.

So this weekend's question is whether to have a little custom design transfer on the headstock. It won't be as visible on the darker wood as the one on my P5 is but I liked Tom's subtle one ... hummmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='68962' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:07 AM']Everything's progressing ...

Should get some laquer this week :)
Must nag Jon for pictures ...[/quote]

Strange, when I spoke to him last Tuesday he said he was going to be laquering last week and that pics would be arriving by the end of the week, pics didn't arrive, maybe he didn't get around to the spraying. Oh well.

[quote name='Tinman' post='68973' date='Oct 3 2007, 10:43 AM']Strange, when I spoke to him last Tuesday he said he was going to be laquering last week and that pics would be arriving by the end of the week, pics didn't arrive, maybe he didn't get around to the spraying. Oh well.[/quote]

All part of the fun :)

Edited by OldGit

How did I miss this thread?

That's a lovely shaped body you've got there OG. This bass doesn't look bad neither.

--

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='56897' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:47 AM']The first one? :)

The [b][i]first[/i][/b] one????????????????? :huh: :huh:

Don't think I don't know what's going on here :huh:

Old Git and Tinman the pair of yous are now officially under increased surveillance :ph34r:[/quote]

ha ha, you're married to a bassist.

oh noes...

[quote name='paul, the' post='71970' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:04 AM']How did I miss this thread?
That's a lovely shaped body you've got there OG. This bass doesn't look bad neither.

--
ha ha, you're married to a bassist.
oh noes...[/quote]

Nah not me, Im married to a real musician :)
Thats Mrs Tinman .. Tinmans married to her .. she just blames me for the kids having no shoes and the Repo man taking away the telly ...
Well, Tinman will have a mighty fine Shuker in a few weeks :huh:

[quote name='Tinman' post='71976' date='Oct 10 2007, 06:30 AM']That's lovely Si, just lovely.[/quote]

Yeah :)
That top will look fabbo when the 8 mile deep shine goes on but what a nice grain for the back. Jon said he chose that specifically as it wasn't having a back cap ..

[quote name='paul, the' post='71970' date='Oct 10 2007, 03:04 AM']How did I miss this thread?
That's a lovely shaped body you've got there OG.[/quote]

Thanks very much :)

I just overlaid Tinman's on mine in Photyship and found a lot of differences even though they look very similar..

Mine has a much fatter bottom :huh: and the 21 fret neck configuration means the bridge has to be further from the neck pocket etc ...
That bit makes quite a difference to the end result.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Tinman' post='78407' date='Oct 23 2007, 04:49 PM']You realise that I am now using my nose to type, all the rest are gone :)[/quote]

Dear Mr Shuker,
As Pete has to re-grow his appendages before he can play the new bass you are making for him, I think he would happily donate any time you happen to be spending on finishing his bass this week to polishing off mine .
No, really.. I mean he has no use of his for a few weeks, gosh no, how long does it take to grow back a full set of appendages anyway?

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=437215&in_page_id=1965"]The Daily Mail says it will take about 4 weeks ...[/url]

Edited by OldGit