Why become a member? ×

Shuker Bolt On 5 string

OldGit

[quote name='simontdo' post='96517' date='Nov 30 2007, 09:24 AM']Congratulations. What a wonderfull bass.

If you're anything like me, you'll be going through the bonding process now where all other things in life take a back seat...

wife, kids, work etc.... :huh:[/quote]

ha ha yeah and longing for the next gig (15th Dec) so I can crank it up loud and really see what it can do .. :)

[quote name='OldGit' date='Nov 28 2007, 01:06 PM' post='95597']
Here you go

The Shuker 8 Mile Deep Gloss makes quite a difference :)

And it's mIne aLl MinE!! :huh: :huh:

MB1. :huh:
thats one of them mispelt cases ROB Green sent back ,Thats not how you spell STATUS! :huh:

[quote name='OldGit' post='96652' date='Nov 30 2007, 01:26 PM']yes I gave Jon a good thrashing with a .175 F# string for using the same S, more or less ...[/quote]

175 ?.......... Made in Scotland ,From Girders! :)
No wonder theyve started reopening welsh mines!

Edited by MB1

• 3 weeks later...

First gig with the bass last Saturday .. A surprise scots wedding .. in that they didn't mention that the groom was Sottish .. This makes a difference in our Ceilidh Barn Dance band :) Still all went well.
So how was the bass?

Well objective number 3 was achieved when a lapsed bass player in the audience came up in the break to tell me how gorgeous the bass is, I'd noticed :huh:

Playing-wise it's great. Everything's in the right place and the hang and balance are spot on for me. It's not as "normal" for me as its brother as I've been playing precisions (mostly) for 30+ years but it's certainly not as alien as most 5 string moderns I've tried. Now it's had a few weeks settling and a good thrash at a gig I'll get it fine tuned by Eltham Jones, my favourite bass fettling wizard. I just wish he'd get a workshop in Cardiff (where we both live) rather than out the back of Soundcontrol in Bristol...

Sound wise, well, sorry I don't really know. Sure it was very acceptable but I didn't have the time to sus and sort it on Saturday (first time through my gig rig)

Generally, being an old dog git, it takes me ages to get used to new things and I've made way too many changes at once this time - bass, compressor, and a re-programmed effects box. So I've decided I need to book some time alone in the rehearsal studio and get everything sorted as wedding gig sound checks are not really the time :huh: It will be fun anyway.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='105226' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:06 AM']So I've decided I need to book some time alone in the rehearsal studio and get everything sorted as wedding gig sound checks are not really the time :) It will be fun anyway.[/quote]Let me know when... I'll pop along and lend you moral support/give you a second opinion/make tea, unless you'd rather be alone with your lady love. :huh:

[quote name='Rich' post='105289' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:41 PM']Let me know when... I'll pop along and lend you moral support/give you a second opinion/make tea, unless you'd rather be alone with your lady love. :)[/quote]

Hey what a great offer! You coud lhave a go on the MB/Schro set too
It will be daytime/midweek though ... Are you allowed out?