Why become a member? ×

Random bass/rig pics

waynepunkdude

[quote name='Raggy' post='597826' date='Sep 13 2009, 10:56 PM']Can you elaborate please Wayne Ive got some serious Stingray type gass[/quote]
I used to own a SUB and i did own a jazz too for a bit (though not that particular one), as wayne said, sound wise, the SUB has much more balls and just sounds a lot growlier, whereas the jazz sounds a bit more polite... it's only really the way you can describe it... The musicman has the preamp too, so there's a lot more scope for different sounds etc. And obviously the jazz neck is a lot thinner.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='598155' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:26 PM']I used to own a SUB and i did own a jazz too for a bit (though not that particular one), as wayne said, sound wise, the SUB has much more balls and just sounds a lot growlier, whereas the jazz sounds a bit more polite... it's only really the way you can describe it... The musicman has the preamp too, so there's a lot more scope for different sounds etc. And obviously the jazz neck is a lot thinner.[/quote]

1000 times better than I could have put it.

I'll do you some A/B stuff by the end of the week.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='598155' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:26 PM']I used to own a SUB and i did own a jazz too for a bit (though not that particular one), as wayne said, sound wise, the SUB has much more balls and just sounds a lot growlier, whereas the jazz sounds a bit more polite... it's only really the way you can describe it... The musicman has the preamp too, so there's a lot more scope for different sounds etc. And obviously the jazz neck is a lot thinner.[/quote]

I see what you mean.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='598205' date='Sep 14 2009, 02:18 PM']1000 times better than I could have put it.

I'll do you some A/B stuff by the end of the week.[/quote]

Cheers Wayne. Will look forward it hearing some stuff

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='601588' date='Sep 17 2009, 07:09 PM']These ones should be a bit better, I really need to spend time working out how to use the recording doo da.[/quote]

Cheers fella, the Stingray sounds wider. Saying that that Jazz sound cracking. Thanks for doing that.