Why become a member? ×

Oh dear....I'm on telly!

If anyone fancies taking the p1ss out of me.....feel free.

I did some low budget TV 12 years ago on the "Men & Motors" channel. It was Granada's birth of a Sky channel.

The programme was called "Elvis Has Just Left The Building" and was music quiz programme, and we were the house band.

I've found out they're re-running it on Sky. It's on at 11.10pm tonight and another two episodes follow it. I think it's Sky channel 178.

Looking back on it, we were shocking! But at least I was a lot slimmer :)

Edited by Thunderthumbs

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='532131' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:15 PM']Cor blimey that's dated badly.[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='532134' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:16 PM']:rolleyes:

This is BAD!

(I hope you make an appearance soon.. it'll justify the pain)[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='532137' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:20 PM']I can't take any more... I've got to go to bed. Sorry![/quote]

I [b]did[/b] warn you :) A thread that starts with "Oh dear" and then mentions "low budget TV" pretty much gives you an idea. I've watched a couple of them myself and I find it rather painful to watch. Not one of my finest hours. Saying that, it was a laugh doing it at the time.

Highlights for me were playing with Roy Wood when they had him on as a guest once. Brian Conley also sang with us (Noddy was doing The Grimleys with him at the time). We also had an end of series party in Granada's bar, so we set our gear up and had "Uncle Peter" (woof, bark, donkey) playing drums and Fish (Marillion) singing.

[quote name='YouMa' post='532147' date='Jul 3 2009, 11:28 PM']Was clint boon still in the carpets then? what were him and noddy like.[/quote]
Yeah, they were both good. Clint wasn't with the Inspirals then, he was looking at doing some solo stuff I think. He was a top bloke, really down to earth. Very much just a local lad that had done well with his music, but certainly no aloofness about him.

Noddy was sound, and took great pleasure in taking the p1ss on a regular basis.

All in all, that series was [b]really[/b] rough. GSB (Granada Sky Broadcasting) was in its very early days, and that show was done on a [b]very[/b] low budget (hence why most of the guests were local comedians, etc. rather than "named" guests). After the presenter, Mike Sweeney, got a job on Capital Radio, Noddy Holder took over and it becames "Noddy's Electric Ladyland". Due to him being who he was, he was able to attract more famous ex-celebs to take part.

To be honest, by the time that series had finished, it became very tiresome and we stopped doing it.

Still something to look back on though (however rough).

Edited by Thunderthumbs