Why become a member? ×

FS: Warwick Buzzard 2003 John Entwistle Ltd Edition

garethox

Hi all.

Up for sale is my Warwick Buzzard Ltd Edition Bass. Hans Peter Wilfer confirmed to me that my bass is one of an initial 25-30 made after John Entwistle's untimely death. The serial number is 2003/10 - indicating it is number 10 from 2003. The pictures speak for themselves - the zebrano wood forming the body is outrageously beautiful and the bass is indeed capable of any tone you may require. It is strung with Optima 24 carat gold strings. It also comes fully flightcased. I suspect postage and insurance will be around £60 - £80 Parcelforce, cheaper if insurance not required.
I love this bass, but need cash for an imminent buy. £1900 cash/chq/Paypal (add 3%) - which is what I paid for it off Jimijimi.

Thanks for looking.

The Buzzard was created in by Warwick founder Hans-Peter Wilfer working in close collaboration with John Entwistle. The wild body shape and neck-through design form a distinctive bass guitar that sounds as extreme as it looks. The exotic appeal doesn't stop there.

The Zebrano body is complemented by an Ovangkol neck with a Wenge fingerboard, complete with numeric fret markers (actual numbers) custom inlaid of paua. And the headstock is unmistakably unique with its inline tuning heads. The Buzzard Ltd Edition stirs more than just the eyes with its killer pickup configuration. Two pairs of active MEC precision/precision pickups provide ample tonal ranges and nearly infinite possibilities.

Controlled by 2-band active MEC electronics, this commemorative bass is sure to play like butter in the hands of any player. It can handle the stresses of deep, thunderous growls yet can pick up the most gentle of nuances and deliver bright, crisp highs. Warwick's Buzzard is a fitting tribute to a truly inspirational bassist that we all miss greatly.

Neck-through-design
Zebrano body
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Numeric inlays
Scale length: 34" (long scale)
26 frets
Active MEC P-Style pickups, mirrored
Active MEC 2-way electronics
Finish: Zebrano
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Gold hardware
Brass Just-A-Nut
Weight**: 4,7 kg
Including Warwick "User Kit" and certificate of authenticity
Including "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® for electric bass

[attachment=28226:ebay1.jpg]

[attachment=28227:ebay2.jpg]

[attachment=28228:ebay3.jpg]

[attachment=28229:ebay4.jpg]

[attachment=28230:ebay5.jpg]

[attachment=28231:ebay6.jpg]

Edited by garethox

[quote name='garethox' post='532014' date='Jul 3 2009, 08:51 PM']I suspect postage and insurance will be around £60 - £80 Parcelforce, cheaper if insurance not required.[/quote]

Just to give you a heads up – Parcelforce won't insure musical instruments over £250, or in some cases, not at all (I think it depends how they're packaged - hard/flightcase etc). Other couriers will insure them so it’s worth doing a bit of research and reading all the T&Cs and small print etc…

Good luck with the sale :)