Why become a member? ×

How much for this Stingray!?

TheButler

I spotted a Stingray yesterday. I've always fancied one, this was tobacco sunburst, with a really nice bird eye maple neck. I didn't see any piezo on the bridge, and the guy didn't know what pre-amp it was. I have the serial number, which i think puts it around 1999-2000? - E07731 Condition wise, it has two chips in the paint and a lot of wear on the fretboard, but nothing unsightly.

I've used an old pre-89 one for recording, which i really loved and i played this one and it was even nicer! So, if this is the right price then i'll probably bite. He is asking £745, should i try get him down on that a bit?

Cheers
Jamie

[quote name='TheButler' post='530339' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:28 AM']I spotted a Stingray yesterday. I've always fancied one, this was tobacco sunburst, with a really nice bird eye maple neck. I didn't see any piezo on the bridge, and the guy didn't know what pre-amp it was. I have the serial number, which i think puts it around 1999-2000? - E07731 Condition wise, it has two chips in the paint and a lot of wear on the fretboard, but nothing unsightly.

I've used an old pre-89 one for recording, which i really loved and i played this one and it was even nicer! So, if this is the right price then i'll probably bite. He is asking £745, should i try get him down on that a bit?

Cheers
Jamie[/quote]

2eq or 3eq? I paid £670 for my 2005 3EQ in January and it in in mint condition with hard case.

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='530824' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:15 PM']there are at least 2 stingrays in the for sale section - one only 650 - they no good to you?

BB[/quote]

This one looked pretty... i don't think there is a Tobacco burst W/maple fretboard one here? :) Anyway, i'm a P-Bass man at heart, i just thought if it was a good price it might've been worth buying - but evidently not :rolleyes: Cheers for all the info chaps!

[quote name='TheButler' post='530989' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:46 PM']This one looked pretty... i don't think there is a Tobacco burst W/maple fretboard one here? :) Anyway, i'm a P-Bass man at heart, i just thought if it was a good price it might've been worth buying - but evidently not :rolleyes: Cheers for all the info chaps![/quote]

Stingrays were my main bass for about ten years. Then I went back to Precisions. For Stingray money you should consider Laklands or Sandbergs as they do great 'Precision' basses.