Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Smash

Hi there, having to sell off some gear to relieve the credit card bill :-( so here is my Prose bass bought from the man himself a couple of months back. It has had the extra pickups fitted at my request as I wanted more tonal options and has push/pull pots, so all pickups can be selected individually. The neck is lovely and fast and the sound on the bridge pickups is really meaty, shame this has to go but I have bought way too much recently.

Now at £175 + Postage or swap for any bass equipment

here are some bad pics.

Edited by Smash

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='535293' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:24 PM']What do all those pickups actually DO?

Is that five separate pickups or are they "clustered" somehow?

And how do the controls work?[/quote]

They have been fitted as 2 single coils at the neck and a seperate single coil with an additional pair of single coils joined to make a humbucker at the bridge, with this you can solo each pickup or mix and match with the push/pull pots all with their own individual volume. That does sound confusing, I am useless at explaining this. Sorry

Edited by Smash

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='535293' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:24 PM']What do all those pickups actually DO?

Is that five separate pickups or are they "clustered" somehow?

And how do the controls work?[/quote]

Hi All

as I remember from when I put this together...

Neck pickup is 2 single coil Artec Vintage Giovanni Jazz pups wired in humbucker configuration with a coil tap.
It is controlled with the top pot for volume and "pulling" the pot switches the pup to single coil mode

Top two coils of the bridge pup are an American import humbucker (can't remember the maker)
The bottom coil is an Artec Vintage Giovanni Jazz
The middle pot controls the volume on this pickup combination
With the pot down both the humbucker and single coil are selected.
With the pot "pulled" just the single coil is operative for a "Jazz" tone........

The bottom pot is a standard tone with a 0.47uf cap.

It has quite a variety of tone as you would expect from what is in effect a four pickup bass.
Neck is lovely and is standard Jazz dimensions.
Smash is selling for a lot less than it cost him.

Paul...

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='flippyfloop' post='539574' date='Jul 13 2009, 06:54 PM']Trade for my Peavey Fretless ?
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53893"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53893[/url][/quote]
tempting as them US Peavey basses are great, but I cannot play a fretless, thanks for the offer though.

A long shot what about an allparts precision with jazz neck, seymour duncan quarter pounder and stand jazz pick up in the rear. Downside it has some fret wear and a buzz from one of the tuners. Plus a boss bass flanger and a set of mexican p bass pick ups that need new covers .

[quote name='buff' post='550102' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:55 PM']A long shot what about an allparts precision with jazz neck, seymour duncan quarter pounder and stand jazz pick up in the rear. Downside it has some fret wear and a buzz from one of the tuners. Plus a boss bass flanger and a set of mexican p bass pick ups that need new covers .[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but its not for me... anything else?