Why become a member? ×

Is it possible to have too many basses?

GreeneKing

I think if you've got any basses just sat in a stand or case doing nothing, then you might as well sell it.

I play all of my basses at least once a week, if I went weeks or months without even touching it then why have it ?

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='529427' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:06 AM']If he goes with the testicle theory it would be like a bunch of grapes down there.[/quote]

That's why I can't walk/sit down properly! More like three bunches of grapes!

I'm of the opinion that if you want a bass, buy it! Sad thing is, I've been doing that on a regular basis over the last 25 years or so! I think I've owned around 150 basses since I started. Now if only I'd kept all of them...!!!!

Nick

I've decided I can't have too many, so long as they've all got a purpose.

I'm on 5 at the moment, although 7 was the peak. I had a pile of [i]really[/i] cheap ones that weren't even worth selling, and a pair of [i]really[/i] nice Stingrays for gigging!

Some swapping and changing later, and I think I'm at a pretty sensible point now. I have my Sandberg with flats for my old-school sounds, and a Stingray for rocking out. There's a modded Squier P and a modded Jazz copy that do as backups, or when I don't want to take the posh ones. The only one that's surplus is the T-40, got used heavily with a classic rock band I was temping for, but has been made redundant by the JM4 and will probably go soon, despite the fact I love it.

I think if I'm missing anything, it's a really nice Precision, but I can live without it. I also fancy a dabble with fretless, just to see if I'd find a use for it, but I can't see myself needing anything more that I've already got if I'm honest.