Why become a member? ×

Precision Pickups?

Schnozzalee

Hi Basschatters,

I'm in the middle of considering which precision pickups to put in my Charvel Star Bass, in both middle and bridge positions. I've had some great advice from Kongo already with regard to the middle pickup but I've never seen a precision pickup at the bridge before - gives a crisp punchy treble sound to the bass. The bass currently has seymour duncan hotrods for a standard rock sound, what would you recommend as replacement?

Cheers

Oli

For the Glam Rock route you wish in sound the DiMarzio Model P should do well.
There's the Will Power which I use, but that's more super hot output foe metal / hard rock etc etc.
The Seymour Duncan Basslines 1/4 pound Split-P is another good choice.

What's the other pickup style?

[quote name='Kongo' post='527194' date='Jun 28 2009, 10:44 PM']For the Glam Rock route you wish in sound the DiMarzio Model P should do well.
There's the Will Power which I use, but that's more super hot output foe metal / hard rock etc etc.
The Seymour Duncan Basslines 1/4 pound Split-P is another good choice.

What's the other pickup style?[/quote]

They're both Precision style pickups. I'm thinking the hard rock willpower, but I've only ever heard them with a maple fingerboard. I prefer rosewood don't know why, warmer tone I guess.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='528136' date='Jun 29 2009, 09:19 PM']+1
im more then happy with mine.[/quote]

Same here...Perfere my Will Power for brute power but the 1/4 pound is awesome!

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='527639' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:32 PM']They're both Precision style pickups. I'm thinking the hard rock willpower, but I've only ever heard them with a maple fingerboard. I prefer rosewood don't know why, warmer tone I guess.[/quote]

I changed the neck last. For a month I had the original rosewood neck in my P-bass with the Will Power.
Still strong...I just prefere the look, feel and snappy tone of maple. :)

Edited by Kongo