Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Sandberg California JM4

giblett123

Hi everyone,

I'm selling on my California JM as I have too many basses & alas the Sandberg isn't getting played enough & I could do with the cash! Specs are: Standard J body in Cherry burst, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, Delano J & MM pickups, 2 Band active with passive bypass switch, Sandberg hardware. The J/MM configs list around the £900-950 mark & this one is just over 12 months old & in pretty much mint condition. I'm dropping it to £575 (if collected) for a quick sale. Courier would be a possibility but collection preferred (based in Birmingham). Thanks for looking & drop me a line if your interested.
PS I'm not really looking for trades but may be tempted by a clean fender USA P bass, duck dunn/bob glaub sig or even a 4 string status S1/S2 + would discuss a possible cash balance either way :)

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='526860' date='Jun 28 2009, 05:20 PM']What did I say??
I knew you'd get shot of it once the Shukers turned it.

This bass is damn good (I know cus I've played it!!!) as good as most USA fenders, if not better.[/quote]

Ahhh...you could always buy it, you knows its a bargain, could go with all your warwicks & rics!

[quote name='mike257' post='528434' date='Jun 30 2009, 10:54 AM']Good luck with the sale, this is gorgeous and I'd have it in an instant if I had the spare cash. Somebody's gonna get a cracker here, I'm pretty sure my JM4 is a keeper for life.[/quote]

Yeh, its a really nice bass & I'm loathed to part with it but its not getting enough playing which is a sin!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='534973' date='Jul 7 2009, 06:11 PM']Very nice, these play really good. Some would say better than fender. I'd buy this but the misses is trying to get rid of what I have as it is. :)[/quote]

I saw you sold it, shame I'm skint as i might have had a punt, I reckon it could go for more that that!

[quote name='giblett123' post='534999' date='Jul 7 2009, 06:37 PM']Cheers mate, can't tempt you? special deal for you![/quote]

Haha!! No way man, unless its buy one get one free!!? I really dont have the room for another bass. These Snadbergs play really well!!

[quote name='pietruszka' post='535026' date='Jul 7 2009, 07:06 PM']Haha!! No way man, unless its buy one get one free!!? I really dont have the room for another bass. These Snadbergs play really well!![/quote]

Yah, this one is a stunner, it's as new & plays real well, I'll probably pull it though if it doesn't go in the next few days as I am loathed to part with it, I'll cancel sky TV instead pay for a new rig !

Sandbergs are the shizzle imo, living in brum has given me the oppurtunity to play them through for a couple of years due to the wonderful store that is PMT culminating in me purchasing a rather fetching maple fretboard Ken Taylor 4 and a TE 715X for my 19th...damn they sound nice, and they play like butter, with perfect action. These seriously take a whatsit on Fender from a rather large height, and along with Warwick prove that Germany is way ahead in terms of exceptional quality at great prices when it comes to bass!

Have a brummie bump on me!! I'd love to take it off your hands but I'm skint and there's not many tones it can get that my Ken Taylor model already can't, sexy bass tho man, sexy bass!

I was always curious about these Sandbergs and a couple of months ago I tried out a JM4.
It was love at first sight. Mine is an "aged relic" cream white and arrives next week..
Superbe basses that combine the good things of other basses and add a personal flavour.

[quote name='wombatboter' post='535782' date='Jul 8 2009, 03:49 PM']I was always curious about these Sandbergs and a couple of months ago I tried out a JM4.
It was love at first sight. Mine is an "aged relic" cream white and arrives next week..
Superbe basses that combine the good things of other basses and add a personal flavour.[/quote]

You'll love it, this one is my third & they have been great, i've never come across anyone with a duff one!