Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT 810HPC 8 x 10 cabinet - 1500W @ 4ohms

Spikeh

Used condition, has an emblem on one side and a rather large rip in the tolex. If you're bothered about that kind of thing, I would get the tolex redone.

I've replaced 3 of the speakers in it as they went at one point.

This cab is damned awesome - I love it, and it's a shame to let it go, but I'm not using it now I have my Schroeder cabinets - I practice up 4 flights of stairs, and it's just too big to move often!

Manual with all specs below:

[url="http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT810HPC.pdf"]http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT810HPC.pdf[/url]

Can get a current picture if required, all the ones I have at the moment are before the big rip on the side occurred.

Can arrange to deliver for an additional cost depending on where you live.

£800 o.n.o.

I believe they were already broken when I purchased it second hand from a signed punk band - the previous owner didn't seem to understand cabs and amps though... I've owned it for around 5/6 years, only recently stopped using it.

It came with an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro, which is what I'm still using with my Schroeders.

The replacement speakers took around 12 months to arrive, direct from Ampeg (or Loud Technologies, their supplier / parent) in America. I didn't want to replace them with anything less. And yes, the 12 month wait was excruciating!

The HF drivers are on the top right of each set of 4 drivers. they're both still the original ones.

There's a horn control on the back, I had it set to half way when I was using it and it definitely brought out the high end on my 6 string no problem. Not too noisy either... they're present, but not overpowering. With my SVT-4 Pro I could pretty much achieve any sound I wanted... depends what you want. Very clear sounding cabinet.

The cab is extremely well built - I believe it's been toured extensively by the band who used it before me (and I used it for at least 40 gigs). Apparently it's been used by quite a few celebrities too... I seriously love the sound of it, but I've managed to get the same sound from two Shroeder cabs, which are more compact and easier to move.

I don't think they've manufacturered this cab for quite some time... not seen any others around or heard of anyone else using them though. If I was ever in a position to have roadies, I'd have a stack of them! :)

Erm, the sticker on the side says "The Reserved". I didn't check them out - I'm not in to punk, so wasn't really any interest to me. The previous owner said they were signed, lived in London for a bit, then broke up. No idea if it was the truth or not!